Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who wins this battle?
Asgardian Destroyer 35 72.92%
Juggernaut 4 8.33%
Stalemate 9 18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #21
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
The Destroyer possesses enough power, IMO, to penetrate or bypass Juggernaut's protective force field. Alternately, as his field only protects him from damage, it would not stop the Destroyer from magneticly lifting Juggernaut and suspending him in mid-air indefinately.
We agree about the force field but the Destroyer would not just suspend Juggs in the air but would seek to destroy him and it would get thru that force field, Juggs is toast.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #22
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
The Destroyer IMO would destroy Juggernaut. Jug's in unstoppable for Earth bound creatures. Not when it comes to cosmics as the Destroyer. His beam IMO would be all he needs to end the fight.
Juggernaut is invulnerable up to and including molecular disintigration. That's what the Destroyer has, is a disintigration beam, so it wouldn't affect the Juggernaut.

I voted stalemate, because that's the way that I think the fight should go on paper. However, I will say that the Destroyer is one of the few characters that I can see defeating the Juggernaut, unless Juggy got more juice from Cyttorak...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #23
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve the meat View Post
could magneto defeat the destroyer?
Magneto has problems with Doom and Iron Man becuse they have counter measures against Magneto's power. The Destroyer could take on multiple foes like Juggernaut and Magento combined and kill them both.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #24
Justin
Jedi Order

I love Juggs but i dont think he could win this fight
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #25
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve the meat View Post
could magneto defeat the destroyer?
It would depend what book its written in i'd say! A "X" book? Maybe? A "Thor" book? Nope! Though i would'nt mind seeing this match up!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #26
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Juggernaut is invulnerable up to and including molecular disintigration. That's what the Destroyer has, is a disintigration beam, so it wouldn't affect the Juggernaut.

I voted stalemate, because that's the way that I think the fight should go on paper. However, I will say that the Destroyer is one of the few characters that I can see defeating the Juggernaut, unless Juggy got more juice from Cyttorak...
That disintigrator beam will go right thru that force field. The Skyfathers gave the Destroyer its powers to fight any foe and Destroy them. The Destroyer even has power to destroy ghosts, sprites astral plane forms, ect. Juggs is dead meat on this one. I'd rather see Juggs fight Mangog or Drax the Destroyer with the power gem. A fight with the Destroyer is a serious mismatch at best.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #27
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
It would depend what book its written in i'd say! An "X" book? Maybe? An "Thor" book? Nope! Though i would'nt mind seeing this match up!
Unless Magneto or any mutant can release the life force in the Destroyer they all die.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #28
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Magneto has problems with Doom and Iron Man becuse they have counter measures against Magneto's power. The Destroyer could take on multiple foes like Juggernaut and Magento combined and kill them both.
So your saying Destroyer has these counter measures? And if push came to shove Mags would crush Doom & Iron Man! IMO
Old 10-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #29
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
That disintigrator beam will go right thru that force field. The Skyfathers gave the Destroyer its powers to fight any foe and Destroy them. The Destroyer even has power to destroy ghosts, sprites astral plane forms, ect. Juggs is dead meat on this one. I'd rather see Juggs fight Mangog or Drax the Destroyer with the power gem. A fight with the Destroyer is a serious mismatch at best.
it couldnt beat a celestial though, what do you think its chances would be up against galactus?
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #30
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Unless Magneto or any mutant can release the life force in the Destroyer they all die.
Well if Magneto ripped The Destroyer open would that not release the life force?