ZDar
Doh!

Though, would be hoping for the summer, and then to wait so long
ZDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #12
Luminous
Cyclops

Destiny E3 Trailer

Destiny's beta begins July 17 for those who registered their pre-orders.

PS4 owners have a chance to enter the alpha (which starts this Thursday and runs until Sunday) by signing up HERE.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #13
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Destiny
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #14
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have to say...my interest on this game has completely dropped off. It had a cool idea but the execution is just missing something...it all just seems so bland.

Almost as if they just took Borderlands and applied a Bungie coat of paint to it. It's just lacking the heart that their Halo titles featured. I guess that was expected without a main protagonist.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #15
Luminous
Cyclops

Looks like I'll be trying out the alpha tonight.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #16
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Ok, after two days of trying this out I have to say this is one of the blandest most mediocre by the numbers shooters I've ever played. I went into this knowing next to nothing, but from hearing all the talk about it I'm not seeing what the craze is. Aside from being completely unbalanced ATM, I don't think any sort of number tweaking or things of that nature can fix everything else. Level design is blah, the one boss was completely unoriginal, graphics looked PS3 to me, and the fights themselves were lulling me to sleep. Slow paced, no real impact or wow factor on any of the weapons or effects, etc. This reminded me of a direct to PSN game, or at the very least a $30 end of a console life cycle game.

Forgive me if I'm missing something here, but if I am.....what is it?
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #17
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

It is Borderlands meets Halo.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
Luminous
Cyclops

Well I definitely had a completely different experience. The things that are immediately apparent is the familiar combat and enemies. Bungie clearly brought in a lot of mechanics from their Halo franchise and I don't think that is a bad thing. Controls felt great and the enemy AI was challenging during appropriate scenarios.

Graphics look solid (certainly not "PS3" ), frame rate smooth, art direction excellent, and most importantly all three classes were a lot of fun to play. During the alpha you start out at level 3, so there isn't a chance to sample the narrative. My one complaint was the exploring missions. They did begin to feel a little repetitive, but the thing that bugged me was the combat icon that attempted to direct you to the nearest mission beacon. It wasn't exactly intuitive and would often make me take a much longer route to reach a beacon.

You only get to play from level 3 to 8 in the alpha and are confined to one map. It's a large map, but it was still only one small part of the game. We got a glimpse of the RPG elements with the armor, stats and loot and I think there is a lot of potential. The game could still prove to be repetitive, but as of now it looks like it is going to be a lot of fun. I guess if you were expecting something revolutionary this might not be your game, but it has a lot of some of the best elements from different genres and that is perfect for me.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #19
Luminous
Cyclops

PS4 Beta has officially started.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #20
MrYac
Hercules

while still not completely sold on it I am looking forward to getting to try the beta next week
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote