Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-24-2020, 08:11 PM   #81
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Someone in the P1 Facebook group posted photos of theirs. Fabric netting confirmed, but since the diamonds on the prototype were already on the small side, the thickness of the fabric makes them appear smaller still.

Will be even more noticeable on the Jungle Hunter since that one slightly larger than 1/4, but at least they're not using plastic.
Adapted from my post on the other forum: Freddie Mercury with Mandibles

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:44 PM   #82
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Do you mean rubber like Hot Toys?
I don’t own HT so can’t comment. But those material use for remote controls, etc also get sticky’s day melted.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #83
Python
Omega Red

The netting is certainly thicker than ideal. But this is a comic Predator so I guess they can do as they wish. I would hope that they will find a better material to use on the Jungle and City hunters however as this won't look right at all on those. It looks really good otherwise imo, although I still really dislike the unmasked face on this in both paint and sculpt.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:43 AM   #84
Swaper
Frackin!

Found this video today.
https://www.facebook.com/TangKokWeng...3656241267999/
Swaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:48 PM   #85
Halcyon
New Republic

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaper View Post
Found this video today...
Played the movie at normal speed.
Wow im pretty shocked, that looks bad.
Spoiler
Just Toylike, no details. Straight forward bland paintjob, not acceptable for this kind of money.

And look how the heads are in the box, normally a large hole around the hairdo is good, but here the head part is loose in the styro also. Meaning when the box is turned during shipping, heads will bounce and rest on its protrusions and damage..or it must be 1400$ of superduper Masterline plastics.

If the P1 BG Cover art predator comes looking close to this junk, my stomach will turn.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:54 AM   #86
Swaper
Frackin!

Im really into this piece, but i need to see more in hand pics/videos.
The unboxing looked a little fake to me, like it was opened before and put back for filming.
But you are absolutely right, for $1400 or €1700 ex in Europe it should be top-notch.
I trust that Prime 1 will deliver a quality product.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:51 AM   #87
Halcyon
New Republic

That was my uncontrolled first reaction.
I put a spoiler tag on it, bcs don't want to diss other ppl exitement when already bought. And yes I know color resolution of phone vid is not perfect. But overall resolution is sharp enough to see what you can expect.

RE: But i don't think it is faked unboxing video (no.35 on bottom is only covered at end of vid).
Imo the holes in styro for the heads are really large and a strange shape is chosen. One head is already turned and shifted with dreads between the two halfs, they don't do that on purpose (and it is a store promo vid).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:07 AM   #88
Swaper
Frackin!

I also noticed that some parts are missing compared to the prototype. Like the 2nd hose on the back that should connect the weapon to the left forearm. Also the skulls are missing on his chest.
Maybe they forgot to put them on. Will see...
Again, need more pics.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:53 PM   #89
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

We need good quality photos and videos... but this does not look promising. I already paid for the city and jungle hunter, also for the endoskeleton and it makes me worried. P1,'s quality is getting worse and worse. They are way over their head. This is what happens when you put up way too many preorderes... they just cannot keep up with them so therefore they are rushing them out. For this amount of money this is unacceptable.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:36 AM   #90
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

What in the world is going on!? Why is this predator wearing lingerie!? No jokes, it literally looks like it. Surely this isn’t a finished Prime 1 product? If so, I hope Prime 1 isn’t turning into SS...
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote