Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #1651
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
The 2D is available @ $27.99 with no coupon. I was wondering the same thing and did a search and found it on the second or third page. Amazon tries to push the 3D because that's what the public loves!
Ah, I only checked the first page. I'll be waiting for that version to drop then.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #1652
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

On another note...

the Bond 50 Collection has dropped to $120 shipped through Amazon.co.uk.

That translates to roughly $5.45 per movie. Great deal assuming the set is Region Free and it most likely will be.

I placed a pre-order for it and figure once more info on the set comes out I'll determine if I want to keep it and sell off my originals.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #1653
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
One more deal for the day!

Marvel's The Avengers (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) for $34.99 + $5 off coupon

For those not familiar with how Amazon coupons work on pre-orders, if you order at $34.99 + $5 off coupon and the price drops to $29.99 (as an example) before it ships? That $5 coupon is still on your order, so it'll be $24.99. You basically pre-order to lock in the coupon, I've gotten some great deals that way.
Pre-ordered. Thanks!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #1654
ratchet
Mandarin

Just picked up the Coen Brothers collection for $20 - 4 movies: Fargo, Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing and Raising Arizona.

I want to back and pick up the Mel Brooks collection for $30 - it has Blazing Saddles / Young Frankenstein / Silent Movie / Robin Hood: Men in Tights / To Be or Not to Be / History of the World, Part 1 / The Twelve Chairs / High Anxiety

Silent Movie is impossible to find on BR anywhere!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #1655
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I've used these coupons in the past, and they guarantee you'll get the lowest price on release day, but usually if you wait a week or two past release day you'll see another price drop to 50% off MSRP sometimes more.

Just depends how quickly you want it.
It really depends on other retailers because Amazon matches whoever has it at the cheapest, so sometimes that 50% off MSRP comes with the pre-order then bam, $5 off on top of that.

It's a gamble, but fortunately one that requires $0 until it ships, so you can always cancel if you feel a better price is gonna pop up!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #1656
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
It really depends on other retailers because Amazon matches whoever has it at the cheapest, so sometimes that 50% off MSRP comes with the pre-order then bam, $5 off on top of that.

It's a gamble, but fortunately one that requires $0 until it ships, so you can always cancel if you feel a better price is gonna pop up!
They definitely price match, but I've noticed that when coupons are involved they usually bring the price down to a certain amount and don't go lower. These coupons up until not too long ago were only good at brick and mortar stores. Amazon used to price match the coupon price, but now offer the coupon themselves. I don't think I've seen it happen yet where you lock in the price with a coupon, and then it continues to drop even further. Maybe it's just that I'm usually still holding out for a lower price that doesn't get hit until after release. Now that I think about it, it might be because they've been offering these coupon discounts on the 3D/4 disc versions, and I usually just want the 2D versions. Either way, if you're ready to buy now it's a decent discount, and hopefully it goes even lower.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #1657
rychehitman
Galactus

Thanks for the LOTR info Scott!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #1658
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

no problem. Glad I could help.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #1659
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Amazon $10 Blu-ray sale. Many under $10 though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...=5336055023-20
Old 06-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #1660
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Amazon $10 Blu-ray sale. Many under $10 though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...=5336055023-20
Thanks for the heads up. I managed to find a few I didn't already own.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote