Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-23-2020, 06:39 PM   #551
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakej32 View Post
I agree that the right photos can make a huge difference, the photos above do make the piece look better. Unfortunately sometimes sideshow or prime 1 just cheap out and there is a dip in quality compared to the prototype (Justice League Superman) or the face sculpt is terrible and inaccurate (Prime 1 Denarys and Evil Dead) and it has nothing to do with lighting or the photos. All I am saying is that the tendency to assume it is always just a bad photo is a mistake, especially in an era when most people use a camera every day. For the prices they charge, when it is a QC or sculpt issue they shouldn't get a pass.
As you might know I have the JL Superman, and I like many haven’t been totally forgiving regarding its issues at all. If anything there were just as many people who cancelled that piece as there seem to be cancelling this one.

So in both cases I don’t believe everyone is giving Prime 1 a pass..... seems to be less and less are everyday.

I’ve taken photos of the JL Superman and without the flash on, and with normal down lights people have been pretty much saying “what armpit issue”.

I can pretty much pick apart every single statue in my collection, for when you look close enough and it’s brought to another persons attention, it becomes all you can see sometimes..... but a bait and switch like with this Batman’s cape may be taking it a tad too far.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:48 PM   #552
Royalguard
The Avengers

I looking forward to get this piece in hand hopefully next week. I mean photos dont always tell the whole story. Ive ordered pieces that I had 0 intentions of buying after i seen them in person. (Green lantern) comes to mind.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:51 PM   #553
djmogo89
Justice League

Am I missing anything?? Cause the only part of the cape where I’m seeing lack of detail is around the shoulders and above the emblem, is not like the whole cape is screwed up. Being honest, to me not having those little wrinkles on the cape does not make this statue a fail like most people in here think.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:00 PM   #554
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
Am I missing anything?? Cause the only part of the cape where I’m seeing lack of detail is around the shoulders and above the emblem, is not like the whole cape is screwed up. Being honest, to me not having those little wrinkles on the cape does not make this statue a fail like most people in here think.
For now that’s it. At least regarding the cape, and of what has been shown so far.

I think most are saying it was detailed before and now it’s just a round lump around the shoulders....
Old 02-23-2020, 09:00 PM   #555
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
I’m not calling it a fail, but I am at the stage in my collecting life where I’m looking hard at every preorder to determine whether the production piece is worth the price. I need to be wowed to feel good about spending $920, and this production piece didn’t wow me. Your mileage may vary.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #556
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I’m not calling it a fail, but I am at the stage in my collecting life where I’m looking hard at every preorder to determine whether the production piece is worth the price. I need to be wowed to feel good about spending $920, and this production piece didn’t wow me. Your mileage may vary.
Yup, too true.

Even with a couple of issues, I loved the Ultimate 1/3 Wonder Woman, but you ended up returning it.

Though for me returning things is a tad more complicated with the custom duties etc, so a higher threshold has to be met.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #557
snakej32
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As you might know I have the JL Superman, and I like many haven’t been totally forgiving regarding its issues at all. If anything there were just as many people who cancelled that piece as there seem to be cancelling this one.

So in both cases I don’t believe everyone is giving Prime 1 a pass..... seems to be less and less are everyday.

I’ve taken photos of the JL Superman and without the flash on, and with normal down lights people have been pretty much saying “what armpit issue”.

I can pretty much pick apart every single statue in my collection, for when you look close enough and it’s brought to another persons attention, it becomes all you can see sometimes..... but a bait and switch like with this Batman’s cape may be taking it a tad too far.
Well said, you're right. I respect that you acknowledge the flaws and take accurate pictures to help others decide too. Concerning that justice league piece, I guess i just keep thinking about that one poster nextlevel99 or something similar who was in complete denial and in damage control mode making all these excuses for the QC issues people were pointing out. "Oh thats just the flash, oh only one person in china has the piece, oh i just talked to someone at prime 1 and they are fixing it!"

That kind of stuff along with people defending bad likenesses and calling them subjective is irritating but you're right its not the norm. I just don't understand why prime 1 and side show and first 4 etc. seem to have such little oversight in the actual production. Some of these factory workes do not seem to care at all about quality.
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:56 PM   #558
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakej32 View Post
Well said, you're right. I respect that you acknowledge the flaws and take accurate pictures to help others decide too. Concerning that justice league piece, I guess i just keep thinking about that one poster nextlevel99 or something similar who was in complete denial and in damage control mode making all these excuses for the QC issues people were pointing out. "Oh thats just the flash, oh only one person in china has the piece, oh i just talked to someone at prime 1 and they are fixing it!"

That kind of stuff along with people defending bad likenesses and calling them subjective is irritating but you're right its not the norm. I just don't understand why prime 1 and side show and first 4 etc. seem to have such little oversight in the actual production. Some of these factory workes do not seem to care at all about quality.
Honestly in my first post after receiving the piece confirmed that those Prime 1 videos were all fluff and no substance (which I thought was the case at the time, and kept on repeating said belief on both forums and on the Facebook group, while many said it’ll be fine etc) I actually was thinking about naming names, but thought why bother. As it’s always the same for usually that one defender.

And not to be discriminatory but these are factory workers you know. They’re paid to do a job and that’s it. It’s up to the higher ups to regulate quality. Other factory’s can do high quality, but more often than not, you pay for said quality like with a lot of ECC pieces. We may feel we pay through the nose, but they’re probably thinking it’s still not enough to cover the quality expectations.

But more often they not, issues usually relate to pieces relating to real life individuals, and the dreaded googly eyes etc. Honestly I thought the revision on the Game of Thrones piece was pretty good, but I understand that some still say there’s not a lick of a resemblance. The 1/3 scale comic book pieces are usually well received, other than the breakages that occur during shipping.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:42 PM   #559
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Shipped! Should be here in a couple of days barring any issues with customs.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:50 PM   #560
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Shipped! Should be here in a couple of days barring any issues with customs.
Good luck!