Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-06-2020, 05:03 AM   #131
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Estimating shipping is a slippery slope. On one hand, if the price is accurate all is good. But there are so many factors that come into play when estimating shipping costs from all over the world. If i put up the estimated costs and they are way off then people are upset. If i don't put up estimated ship costs then i'll be answering a million PM's about shipping costs. The truth is that at the beginning stage of a po it's always gonna be an educated guess.

The two box variable throws everything out of whack. If it was 1 box then my estimated ship cost for Thanos would have been in that ballpark. I still don't know exact shipping costs for Thanos yet and that is why I haven't sent out an email informing buyers of the change. I changed it on the site to inform potential NEW buyers who haven't ordered yet. Once i get exact shipping charges i'll send out an email notifying everyone of the change.

I realize some people simply won't be able to afford the extra shipping charges so i'll try to do everthing in my power to make things work. I.e. extend payment plans or allow people to pay the shipping over a few months.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:20 AM   #132
Darth Milo
Hydra

You should have notified your buyers sooner that the estimated shipping costs are probably more if you already knew for a few weeks Thanos is shipped in 2 boxes .

The first batch has already shipped to customers so weight and dimensions are already known so don't know why we are still talking about estimates.

I also don't understand why a country that is 4000 km closer to China is estimated $50 more in shipping than The USA/Canada.

It's not that I can't pay the $300 extra in shipping but in my case I calculated what I want to pay as a maximum for this bust with customs and shipping included in my total price, taking into account between $50-$100 extra for shipping but not $300.
I would definitely think twice before hitting that order button if I saw that shipping was estimated $650.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:49 AM   #133
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
I realize some people simply won't be able to afford the extra shipping charges so i'll try to do everthing in my power to make things work. I.e. extend payment plans or allow people to pay the shipping over a few months.
Right on, thanks bro

For the record im not upset with you, just with how much shipping is becoming across the board in addition to already increasing statue prices. I mean it is what it is, just stings but this piece is still worth it imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:44 PM   #134
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
You should have notified your buyers sooner that the estimated shipping costs are probably more if you already knew for a few weeks Thanos is shipped in 2 boxes .

The first batch has already shipped to customers so weight and dimensions are already known so don't know why we are still talking about estimates.

I also don't understand why a country that is 4000 km closer to China is estimated $50 more in shipping than The USA/Canada.

It's not that I can't pay the $300 extra in shipping but in my case I calculated what I want to pay as a maximum for this bust with customs and shipping included in my total price, taking into account between $50-$100 extra for shipping but not $300.
I would definitely think twice before hitting that order button if I saw that shipping was estimated $650.
Great point. This makes no sense to me either. We should know exact dimensions and shipping rates now.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #135
CWalker
The Avengers

Doesn't mean that any of Spec's allocation has shipped (I would guess they have not). So he wouldn't know those numbers.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:19 PM   #136
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Estimating shipping is a slippery slope. On one hand, if the price is accurate all is good. But there are so many factors that come into play when estimating shipping costs from all over the world. If i put up the estimated costs and they are way off then people are upset. If i don't put up estimated ship costs then i'll be answering a million PM's about shipping costs. The truth is that at the beginning stage of a po it's always gonna be an educated guess.

The two box variable throws everything out of whack. If it was 1 box then my estimated ship cost for Thanos would have been in that ballpark. I still don't know exact shipping costs for Thanos yet and that is why I haven't sent out an email informing buyers of the change. I changed it on the site to inform potential NEW buyers who haven't ordered yet. Once i get exact shipping charges i'll send out an email notifying everyone of the change.

Do you know when these will be shipping from you? I have one on order and now need to plan out the finances with the added shipping costs.
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:11 PM   #137
azurepred
Zot

Manufacturing is on hold due to Corona. Nobody really knows as of yet how long of a delay.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #138
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Manufacturing is on hold due to Corona. Nobody really knows as of yet how long of a delay.

Looks like we have another shipping increase on this !!!

$750 now quoted to Australia. Europe $900.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:01 PM   #139
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I may have to tap out on this piece if the shipping gets any higher
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #140
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by allosaur176 View Post
Do you know when these will be shipping from you? I have one on order and now need to plan out the finances with the added shipping costs.
Hello! Right now unsure. A small batch may be available soon but for USA buyers I’m probably only gonna importing them and shipping domestically. Express shipping is just way too expensive