Galactus

well, glad to hear it, buddy. I bet its fun
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #32
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
This is one of the coolest threads ever Sam...

First of all congratulations Vato...

These kids will benefit from you being their strength coach more than they ever will with anyone else.

Lifting for football is about raw, power, aggressive attitude and kind of a c*ocky mindset about owning the weight. It's not body building and it's not powerlifting. It's about taking your body and hardening a missile into attack strength. You are the man who is imposing in stature and can back up my statements with how you b*tch slap heavy weights around. These kids will look up to you like you are a god and you will teach them things they will carry with them for the rest of their lives about toughness, discipline, mindset, and so much more...

and of course I cannot deny paying you homage for showing up sleevless...

EVERYTHING IS BETTER SLEEVELESS!!!
word vato, thanks for the props.

Yeah, I say to them, "you need to fire it up in here, act in here as you would on the field, right now is where you build the explosiveness for gameday, cause once you get on the field, the only thing that counts is how hard you worked."

Ugh, some days are better than others, but the hardest thing is to motivate and get the kids to realize that football is HARD, and the only way to make it in a big a$# school like mine is by working hard and never quitting. It's all good. It's just to bad you and Cage aren't around. The three of us would coach a bad a$# football team...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #33
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Hey glad to hear your getting to do what you love Sammy. When i read the title i thought it was the title of a new film
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:28 PM   #34
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

same here , was thinking it was a thread to discus a new movie

Remember Sam , they're just kids !! Congrats man I bet you're a great rolemodel for those young guys to look up to .
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:43 PM   #35
misanthrope
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

way to go sam! my sons coach cant dig his head out of his a$$ long enough to work with the freshmen. he seems to think they arent worth the effort until theyve played for a year. he wont let the older kids help unless its on their own time. he should know that youll never explode off the line without some serious squats. ive been lifting with my son just to fight the urge to flip out on his coach.
misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #36
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthrope
way to go sam! my sons coach cant dig his head out of his a$$ long enough to work with the freshmen. he seems to think they arent worth the effort until theyve played for a year. he wont let the older kids help unless its on their own time. he should know that youll never explode off the line without some serious squats. ive been lifting with my son just to fight the urge to flip out on his coach.

yeah, I spend all my time with the freshmen. The older guys have enough people coddling them, I figure i"m there to teach, so I might as well teach those who need it the most. I'm finding out this is a rare attitude, and it's great that you are helping your son, cause I tell you, those older kids have their heads up there a$#es just as much as the younger ones do, they just think they are cooler...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #37
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Glad to hear it is working out for you, Sam. If you need to get them moving, you could always smear some of my hot sauce in their jocks . . . . .
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote