Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #241
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Even with reshaping the lightning on mine with a hairdryer, it just falls out of Barrys leg and thigh as there is literally nothing to hold it in....until now.

I've picked up some tiny earth magnets for £2.....yes £2 Prime 1. Have stuck one in the holes for the lightning and carved the lightning connectors down and put another magnet there and hey presto lightning stays in place....so £2 and maybe 45 mins of my time.

Something that Prime 1 should have done anyway.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:08 AM   #242
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Even with reshaping the lightning on mine with a hairdryer, it just falls out of Barrys leg and thigh as there is literally nothing to hold it in....until now.

I've picked up some tiny earth magnets for £2.....yes £2 Prime 1. Have stuck one in the holes for the lightning and carved the lightning connectors down and put another magnet there and hey presto lightning stays in place....so £2 and maybe 45 mins of my time.

Something that Prime 1 should have done anyway.
Congrats on finding a relatively simple solution. I think I mentioned something along the same lines when the problems were first brought up. But what did you do about the piece which looks like it was supposed to slot in via a peg? As I didn’t think there would be a small enough magnet to fit that hole.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:55 AM   #243
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Besides the issues sited here this has, IMO, a serious flaw. People don’t run that way (I’m sure even the Flash). Every runner will have opposite arms / legs in front. If your right arm is in front of you then your left leg will be in front. If your left arm is in front your right leg will be in front. You would think Prime sculptors would have done some research into the character to get this right.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #244
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Besides the issues sited here this has, IMO, a serious flaw. People don’t run that way (I’m sure even the Flash). Every runner will have opposite arms / legs in front. If your right arm is in front of you then your left leg will be in front. If your left arm is in front your right leg will be in front. You would think Prime sculptors would have done some research into the character to get this right.
A post I made about this topic a coupe of years ago:

Quote:
I weighed in about the pose when this was first revealed, but what I essentially said is that I believe P1 didn't necessarily opt for a running/sprint pose. Given the collapsing street scenario and that he is essentially defying gravity he could be coming to a screeching stop, dodging or in the middle of changing course. Given those possibilities the pose doesn't seem unnatural to me.

Now if he were clearly in a full running stride or an even surface I'd agree with the criticisms. However, nothing about the design says to me that he should be swinging his arms and legs in any specific way.

I won't pretend to know what a man who runs faster than the speed of light looks likes when he's running, turning or stopping on walls.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:23 PM   #245
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

He's clearly coming to a stop to die via omega beams once he saw how poorly he was painted.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #246
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Exactly. That’s the biggest flaw to me.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #247
Cromulon
Justice League

The more I look at this piece, the more trashy it is. P1 got so sloppy with this. Horrible...
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:14 AM   #248
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

The more I see this the happier I am that SS is finally making one.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #249
sparda
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
The more I look at this piece, the more trashy it is. P1 got so sloppy with this. Horrible...
I know for a fact that SSC pushed through several adaptations on this piece, due to them holding the license. Which now makes sense as they are releasing heir own flash.

Not sure if the lesser factory handeling (sloppy black lines and stuff) was a choice of P1 or SSC though.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:28 PM   #250
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
The more I see this the happier I am that SS is finally making one.
The more I see SSC's Flash, the happier I am with this one. I guess it is good to have options.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote