Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
abarron
Batman

Some guy messaged after he won one of my auctions wanting to know why he couldn't find a shipping cost to ship the item to Germany.

Take a wild guess when the auction says UK only. Douche bag
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #12
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Unfortunately, to really avoid this stuff, the only way to sell on ebay is BIN with immediate payment required. You also need to take your time and adjust ALL of your seller settings to keep out people you don't want bidding.

Sadly, ebay isn't an auction site anymore but merely a store front for everyone.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
rychehitman
Galactus

Drew.....how about dumping the Transformer site and relaunching an auction site affiliated with SF?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #14
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
I have a person from Thailand who keeps asking me how much to ship to Thailand and then offering me $300 shipped for a Thor vs Loki dio... shipping alone is $125+
I dealt with that guy about a week ago. He won a Hulk LSB and then asked if I could ship it to Thailand for $80. I said no and told him I will charge exact shipping which I think was about $110. It took a while to finally receive the payment, but he tried several times for me to lower the shipping cost. I think he originally wanted the bust for about $200 shipped. Too much hassle dealing with international bidders lately, so I might have to resort shipping within the US in the future.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #15
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Unfortunately, to really avoid this stuff, the only way to sell on ebay is BIN with immediate payment required. You also need to take your time and adjust ALL of your seller settings to keep out people you don't want bidding.

Sadly, ebay isn't an auction site anymore but merely a store front for everyone.
This solves almost all problems. I got tired of dealing with a-holes and chasing people for payment! Also Ebay NEEDS to bring back leaving negative feedback for buyers so we can have some idea of who we are dealing with!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
I dealt with that guy about a week ago. He won a Hulk LSB and then asked if I could ship it to Thailand for $80. I said no and told him I will charge exact shipping which I think was about $110. It took a while to finally receive the payment, but he tried several times for me to lower the shipping cost. I think he originally wanted the bust for about $200 shipped. Too much hassle dealing with international bidders lately, so I might have to resort shipping within the US in the future.
come on!!!... do be like that....there is no me and you there is just us....
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #17
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
So they're asking you to lower the price because they only want the cloths?
Yeah, they said that they only want the clothes as they already have the doll and that I should simply discard the doll or re-list it.

What can I do as it seems eBay is only interested in the buyer. I am going to tell them I will void the transaction as it would only be about $12 including shipping. I am SO happy I did not have to pay for the listing on this.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #18
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Don't deny the genuine international buyers just because the douchebags are out there.

Sure they greatly outnumber the good ones, but the satisfaction from a good deal makes up for it, dontcha think?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Back when you could still accept cash on Ebay, I had a girl in America who wanted to pay me in Dollars. I said no, as the conversion fee would wipe out the sale price. She asked why I would need to convert them, as Dollars could be spent anywhere! I had to explain to her that different countries have different currencies, and the UK isn't a third world country (yet!)
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #20
parasite74
U talkin' to me?

I recently sold a statue on ebay for $280, shipping is $110.The guy paid but now he wants me to declare it as a gift and the value of only $70.Any advise on what to do.
parasite74 is offline   Reply With Quote