Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #1
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

The Wedding Thread - SF's year of marriages

It looks like 2011 might be the year of SF Weddings...

Danny (Spenca7) kicked it off on NYs Eve and technically his first day as a married/condemned man was in 2011.

Erin and I are getting married soon...and Rodders is getting married within the next couple of weeks, so I thought it might be fun to swap stories and post pics about members weddings...the organisation, the horror stories, the bridezilla moments etc.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
It looks like 2011 might be the year of SF Weddings...

Danny (Spenca7) kicked it off on NYs Eve and technically his first day as a married/condemned man was in 2011.

Erin and I are getting married soon...and Rodders is getting married within the next couple of weeks, so I thought it might be fun to swap stories and post pics about members weddings...the organisation, the horror stories, the bridezilla moments etc.
On reading my statement back, I would like to point out that Erin and I are getting married to different people...not to each other...even though I do love her to bits...
Old 01-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
RichBamf

For example...I hate it that you add the word 'wedding' to anything and it quadruples the price...the same cake company charge £100 more for the same cake that they sell for parties, but because they put a ribbon around the thing they think it gives them the right to up the price by nearly double.

Shysters...
Old 01-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I was 30 minutes late to my wedding. I was having a few beers with my father-in-law and brother-in-law, and we lost track of time Not actually as bad as it sounds. The wife was an hour late

Anyway, it's been three fantastic years for us, and we got married at the Museum of Contemperary Art on Sydney Harbour, and had a honeymoon in Tokyo
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I was 30 minutes late to my wedding. I was having a few beers with my father-in-law and brother-in-law, and we lost track of time Not actually as bad as it sounds. The wife was an hour late

I can't be late, I have so much setting up to do in the morning, as a lot of stuff is getting delivered and I have to set up table centre pieces, greet guests coming in from out of the country and show them their rooms, and help the florist sort out flowers...

Or as I like to envision it, let the wedding staff sort it out and get a few drinks at the bar, fingers crossed...
Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

I can't be late, I have so much setting up to do in the morning, as a lot of stuff is getting delivered and I have to set up table centre pieces, greet guests coming in from out of the country and show them their rooms, and help the florist sort out flowers...

Or as I like to envision it, let the wedding staff sort it out and get a few drinks at the bar, fingers crossed...
Wow . . . I wasn't trusted to do any of that stuff Tania still likes to remind me that I had just one job to do (turning up on time) and I still managed to stuff that up. Good luck with it all, and hope you have a blast
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Wow . . . I wasn't trusted to do any of that stuff Tania still likes to remind me that I had just one job to do (turning up on time) and I still managed to stuff that up. Good luck with it all, and hope you have a blast
Thanks mate...Yeah Vix is making me do all sorts of work. TBH I've quite enjoyed it and I'm the king of bartering, so I always get better deals than she does.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I can give you some wedding stories.

My wife and I got married while I was still in grad school so needless to say, I didn't have a lot of money. Her parents paid for the wedding and my parents paid for the booze at the wedding and the rehearsal dinner. When we were ordering the invitations, my wife was on the phone with her mother, I heard her mother say that she didn't want my parents names on the invitations since they were not paying as much as they were. Needless to say I was not amused. To this day, she still does not know that we ordered two sets of invitations. One for my wife's side without my parents name and one to my side with my parents name.

Were the flowers in the wedding my wife's favorite? Heck no! They were my mother-in-law's favorite.

My wife and I knew about 30-35% of the people at our wedding. The rest were friends on my in-laws that neither of us had ever met.

I could give you a ton of mother-in-law stories post wedding.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
abarron
Batman

My wife was 30 m ins late to our wedding in 07. we knew it was gonna happen cos she always is but traffic was a nightmare.
I had a hip flask with me and it was full when we left the house but empty my the time i got to the church 30 mins away
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #10
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I can give you some wedding stories.

My wife and I got married while I was still in grad school so needless to say, I didn't have a lot of money. Her parents paid for the wedding and my parents paid for the booze at the wedding and the rehearsal dinner. When we were ordering the invitations, my wife was on the phone with her mother, I heard her mother say that she didn't want my parents names on the invitations since they were not paying as much as they were. Needless to say I was not amused. To this day, she still does not know that we ordered two sets of invitations. One for my wife's side without my parents name and one to my side with my parents name.

Were the flowers in the wedding my wife's favorite? Heck no! They were my mother-in-law's favorite.

My wife and I knew about 30-35% of the people at our wedding. The rest were friends on my in-laws that neither of us had ever met.

I could give you a ton of mother-in-law stories post wedding.

Sounds familiar.
Fortunately my in laws were really good and understanding but my grandmother in-law wanted to invite all her brothers+sisters from Ireland that my wife hadn't seen of about 10 years and i had never met. We made a compromise and invited a couple.
My wife's best friend's bother took over their wedding and her husband is convinced that he didn't make a single decision in their wedding
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote