Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #21
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Because it amuses me, I will give you some more M-in-law stories:

-Two of my nieces were at my wedding and were babies at the time. Shortly after our first one was born, we were at my in-laws house and my wife noted how our daughter looked like them. My mother-in-law, without hesitating, said that my nieces were homely. She wasn't joking.

-After my brother and I left home, there was pretty much only the family dog left so that became my parents third child. When the dog was getting near the time of having to be put down, my brother was in town and he took a picture of my parents with the dog. We had a picture of that in our house. One time when my mother-in-law was there, she looked right at the picture and said “what kind of people get a picture taken with their pet?”

-One Christmas eve, me and two other son-in-laws closed down a bar because none of us wanted to be at the house.

-At the wedding, she mentioned to someone that my brother looked like a “gay bug” whatever the hell that means. It of course got back to me.

-One time we were visiting them at their beach house (really just a trailer on the sand) with my two kids at the time. My mother-in-law was being just mean to my kids. Trying to be a good husband, I didn't say anything directly to my mother-in-law but I pretty much didn't say anything the entire trip. When we got back home, we found out how rude I was being and I was expected to apologize to my mother-in-law. I refused. I told my wife she could if she wanted so she sent an apology from my e-mail address as if it was me.

-Our 2nd daughter was always very, very shy when she was little. She would always cling to me. One morning, we were visiting, I was sitting at the breakfast table with my in-laws. My 2nd was just holding onto me. My father-in-law offered a piece of bagel to my daughter and she kind of turned her head, shyly. My mother-in-law responded “don't bother, we're just poison to her.”

I could go on and on...

Oh yeah, one of the parts of the wedding that was ours was the first dance: Led Zepplin Thank You
Don't take offence mate, but she sounds like a piece of work, so you're better off without her. Anyone who can treat her granddaughters like that is pretty mean IMO.

I just feel for your wife, must be hard for her to have her own mum saying stuff like that, knowing that the woman is not exactly being very civil with you either...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #22
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Don't take offence mate, but she sounds like a piece of work, so you're better off without her. Anyone who can treat her granddaughters like that is pretty mean IMO.

I just feel for your wife, must be hard for her to have her own mum saying stuff like that, knowing that the woman is not exactly being very civil with you either...
When we lived closer to them, about 50% of the time when we were pulling out of the driveway to go back home from a visit, my wife would say "why did we come here?" She is actually worse to her own daughters if you can believe that. I stopped going for visits.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #23
rychehitman
Galactus

Congrats to all the couples planning on tying the knot this year!

Rich, will you be streaming your ceremony and reception live for the SF family to view on your big day like Rod is planning to do on his?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #24
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post

Rich, will you be streaming your ceremony and reception live for the SF family to view on your big day like Rod is planning to do on his?
That would be sweet!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #25
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
When we lived closer to them, about 50% of the time when we were pulling out of the driveway to go back home from a visit, my wife would say "why did we come here?" She is actually worse to her own daughters if you can believe that. I stopped going for visits.
Well you're in good company mate, Vicki's mum is a nightmare too, and weddings only bring out the beast more.

What's most important IMO is that you and your wife are a unit, and it sounds like you are. Nothing can touch you if you're both pulling together
Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #26
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post

pffffffffffffffft...I doubt it...

I will be getting a lot of the day recorded though so you can all see me fumble through my speech and then get wrecked by my best man...
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #27
rychehitman
Galactus

you should think about streaming it and offering a paypal donation button. I'd pay a few bucks to watch you get drunk and speak publically!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #28
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
It looks like 2011 might be the year of SF Weddings...

Danny (Spenca7) kicked it off on NYs Eve and technically his first day as a married/condemned man was in 2011.

Erin and I are getting married soon...and Rodders is getting married within the next couple of weeks, so I thought it might be fun to swap stories and post pics about members weddings...the organisation, the horror stories, the bridezilla moments etc.
Thats awesome! Congrats Bamfer!

Is that Erin Mandragora thats getting married?!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #29
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Thats awesome! Congrats Bamfer!

Is that Erin Mandragora thats getting married?!
Thanks big E!

Yeppers...
Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #30
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Well my daughter is getting married this year, much to my chagrin, so I guess I'm included in the 2011 SF year of marriages.