Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #11
gomur
The Tick

Thanos in a museum pose wielding the Infinity Gauntlet. I can understand the Bowen comparisons, but really it's been done at least 4 times in statue form by my count. And the SS comiquette is far more similar.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...0661&archive=y

I think this one gives a different emotion based on the body language. While the Bowen is engrossed with the gauntlet's power, this one is more engaged with the viewer. Ready to attack while the Bowen is basking in victory. I really like the grinning portrait myself.

And of course there's the modern costume. I can't figure out where Erick got inspiration for this design or if it's an amalgam of his own making. No doubt it will look phenomenal painted. Part of me is glad Koto went with a modern design because the Bowens really nailed the classic comic look. However, it also makes this piece difficult to display in my 1/6 library for that reason. So many of my statues have 90s designs.

Thanos is the perfect character to launch a galactic Fine Art line. But I really want to see what Koto has planned after him. Will we get the GotG? If so, then what will their costumes look like? And of course there's the concern about pace. Next year in May we're looking at Black Panther. How soon after that is Thanos? I'd really love to see more than 2-3 annual pieces.

Ultimately, I am very excited about this statue, and I hope Koto puts greater emphasis on the Fine Art series.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #12
isDatUcollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm very excited about this. I'm good with pose, just how many type of poses can one actually make its bound to be similarly posed like other statues.
isDatUcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:29 PM   #13
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
Hmmmmm dunno.. Not a great 1st impression. But maybe a painted Prototype might just change my mind.
This statue and pose reminds me a little of a cross between the Sideshow Apocalypse (which I always thought was a bit awkward) and the Bowen Thanos Skull base.
the same impression the piece has on me also.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:00 PM   #14
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Hey guys,

I Photoshopped a quick reference of the various 1/6 scale Thanos pieces that I know of. If there are more, please post them here.

I don't posses a huge wealth of knowledge of Thanos, but I love the character design. I think Bowen did a fantastic job with their interpretations of Thanos, although I'm not a fan of the light blue one.

This new one by Koto looks like it's going to be great as well. In addition, you know Koto will make this piece large. They've done a great job with their large character sculpts(Colossus, Juggernaut, Hulk) so far.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:12 PM   #15
isDatUcollector

Thanos will probably be large. Since both are standing up I have my kotobukiya thor as height reference for thanos since thor is 6'3 and thanos is 6'7 I Atleast have some kind of idea how big/tall thanos will be
isDatUcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:30 PM   #16
masterlei13
Birdman

the pose for me is really almighty! and snce koto statues are true 1/6 scale, it will tower all 1/7th bowen thanoses ahehe. excellent job koto.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:41 AM   #17
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Erick posted this on Facebook. Amazing piece buddy!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:55 AM   #18
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Looks good but I'll stick with my BD infinity gauntlet Thanos. That's still my favorite 1/6 scale Thanos.
Looks good, but I agree. I like my Bowen IG way to much. The new armor doesn't impress much. I'm not counting it out yet tho.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:52 AM   #19
Marcel54
Hellboy

Although I like the classic look a bit better, I will for sure buy this one. I really like it and because I don't have an other Thanos in my collection.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:41 AM   #20
Rob N. Banks

The arms and chest are much too big. Either bulk the rest of him up to match them, or scale them down.
Rob N. Banks is offline   Reply With Quote