Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2005, 09:02 PM   #21
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
But if more people counted to ten before posting irate responses, particularly when confronting new members, I think a lot of nastiness could be cut off at the source.
I brought something like this up in another thread. The process of reasoned posting should be something like:

STOP. THINK. COMPOSE. POST

not:

COMPOSE POST STOP THINK.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #22
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
I brought something like this up in another thread. The process of reasoned posting should be something like:

not:

COMPOSE POST STOP THINK.

maybe THINK.COMPOSE.STOP.DROP.ROLL.POST....some people need more time between thinking and posting
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #23
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
maybe THINK.COMPOSE.STOP.DROP.ROLL.POST....some people need more time between thinking and posting
I chuckled.

"Only you can prevent flame wars."

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #24
rychehitman
Galactus

I am a daily reader and poster....That being said...someone used the "c" word? Thats pretty extreme for a hobby forum site! I am all for the Mods booting people that dont have enough control over their emotions as to think posting that is acceptable. Additionally, might I suggest the vomiting little guy be taken off the smiley choices as it is most times used to express dislike over a statue, or sculptor. This ties into the respect thing I suppose! In its place, we can have the bashing Wolverines head guys?!? = )

Galactus, I respect and admire you for being so passionate as to speak your mind!
Drod, You are a class guy for having his back!
Tetra is one of the most entertaining and thought provoking and respectful posters on here, I hope his retort was not misinterpreted!

I for one have NEVER belonged to a forum before this one, and will most likely not belong to another one...all my interests are covered here. I too have noticed a distubing level of frustration building regarding this and that in various different threads..not just the Bowen section! I believe the th ought provoking words by several here will act as a wake up call to many!

The only area of concern i have is in regards to the B/S/T realm. Yes, a simple B/S/T section did not work. Sonofabid was born, and is working on being born again, which is great! I respect the heck out of Drod for not ramming comicstatues.com down our throats. HOWEVER, I view many of you all to be my friends based on a shared passion for collecting these items we all love. I LIKE knowing what pieces hold your interest the most, and what pieces you consider you personal "grails" because I believe it provides insight to US as PEOPLE! I think it is fair to say the majority of us collect and love statues and props because we grew up loving comic books. Well, I enjoy knowing why Iron Man is someones favorite, and why Beta Ray Bill represents all that is good in someones memories....If I happen to have knowledge of a certain piece being available I generally pass that on throuhgh PM's to specific individuals. I have been guilty of posting information about good deals on eBay or other web sites because I like to help people find the items they are looking for. I would hope this kind of friendliness can exist between the members here without violating any rules or regulations. Many people who conduct these conversations are just trying to help each ohter out.

I think it is the scammers and the flippers that cause most of the problems in regards to B/S/T. Flipping in and of itself is no problem, but trying to flip in THIS educated crowd causes strife because we all know what a good deal is, and what a good deal isn't. Perhaps the "want Ads" section of SOAB can be moved here until such time SOABII is ready to go?

WOW, sorry for the long post! I hope that didnt bore too many of you! I just got home from work...I am going to heat some turkey up!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:38 PM   #25
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
I am a daily reader and poster....That being said...
Quote:
someone used the "c" word?
Thats pretty extreme for a hobby forum site! I am all for the Mods booting people that dont have enough control over their emotions as to think posting that is acceptable. Additionally, might I suggest the vomiting little guy be taken off the smiley choices as it is most times used to express dislike over a statue, or sculptor. This ties into the respect thing I suppose! In its place, we can have the bashing Wolverines head guys?!? = )

Galactus, I respect and admire you for being so passionate as to speak your mind!
Drod, You are a class guy for having his back!
Tetra is one of the most entertaining and thought provoking and respectful posters on here, I hope his retort was not misinterpreted!

I for one have NEVER belonged to a forum before this one, and will most likely not belong to another one...all my interests are covered here. I too have noticed a distubing level of frustration building regarding this and that in various different threads..not just the Bowen section! I believe the th ought provoking words by several here will act as a wake up call to many!

The only area of concern i have is in regards to the B/S/T realm. Yes, a simple B/S/T section did not work. Sonofabid was born, and is working on being born again, which is great! I respect the heck out of Drod for not ramming comicstatues.com down our throats. HOWEVER, I view many of you all to be my friends based on a shared passion for collecting these items we all love. I LIKE knowing what pieces hold your interest the most, and what pieces you consider you personal "grails" because I believe it provides insight to US as PEOPLE! I think it is fair to say the majority of us collect and love statues and props because we grew up loving comic books. Well, I enjoy knowing why Iron Man is someones favorite, and why Beta Ray Bill represents all that is good in someones memories....If I happen to have knowledge of a certain piece being available I generally pass that on throuhgh PM's to specific individuals. I have been guilty of posting information about good deals on eBay or other web sites because I like to help people find the items they are looking for. I would hope this kind of friendliness can exist between the members here without violating any rules or regulations. Many people who conduct these conversations are just trying to help each ohter out.

I think it is the scammers and the flippers that cause most of the problems in regards to B/S/T. Flipping in and of itself is no problem, but trying to flip in THIS educated crowd causes strife because we all know what a good deal is, and what a good deal isn't. Perhaps the "want Ads" section of SOAB can be moved here until such time SOABII is ready to go?

WOW, sorry for the long post! I hope that didnt bore too many of you! I just got home from work...I am going to heat some turkey up!
Some people don`t have a problem with commies.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:19 PM   #26
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

In the comic section and maybe in general discussion I've been stupid and let my mouth run sometimes, mostly I'm trying to be funny or crack a joke, so if I've offended, I'm sorry.

I'm down with big G and Danny, moreso out of friendship than anything else cause I've met those cats and partied with them and they are true friends.

The bottom line is some cats need to check themselves. I honestly wonder sometimes if there are dudes who wander the earth thinking something is owed to them and act disrespectful, like petulant children even. It's like the little kid at the store with his mom, pitching a fit cause he doesn't get what he wants. Life sucks, you rarely get what you want and if you do want something, ask for it politely. It's a damn shame G has to post something like he did, and it's a damn shame danny has to tell people how to act. These are things functioning adults should already know, and if you don't, well, you obvioiusly have greater issues than stirring up trouble on an internet forum.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:29 AM   #27
bat_collector
Galactus

Man, I know I've stirred up plenty of stuff on this forum. But I do also know I've met and spoken with friends from all over the world.

Galactus is a great guy, someone who goes out of his way to be nice with nothing to really profit from. I hope we see him back.

I'd hate to see this forum go down, and I'm gonna be more careful about what I post, and not fall into the temptation of entering into arguments (or worse yet creating them).

Thanks Drod for such an awesome place to visit.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:53 AM   #28
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1

not:

COMPOSE POST STOP THINK.
Sometimes it seems like the thought process with some folks is more: "STOP. POSE. THINK COMPOST."
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:29 AM   #29
Jesse321
Galactus

Whoa! Now that's a rant G!

But in truth a much needed one, and I for one am sorry that the disagreements have gotten you guys to this level as I know I myself have been a part of them from time to time (thought I've honestly tried to be better about it for a while now)

I never thought about it from the prespective of Danny and the rest of the mods, most of the time I completely avoid threads that I've got no interest in, but I never really realized that the mods have to monitor every single post in every single thread .. and that must get frustrating after a while .. so, now more than ever, I have a TOTALLY new found respect for the great jobs that you guys do around here!
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #30
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

I'd be content to see anyone who posts more than one Randy.. This or that... tyep thread a month be banned

But if it takes people to be banned for others to learn to behave themselves, I'm all for it.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote