Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #11
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I was sleeping, had arrived from Chicago one day before and was exhausted. My wife waked me up to show me what was happening. At the time she waked me up, only one plane had hit. The rest we all know. That day the World changed. So sad, so cruel. The song "Overcome" from the band LIVE automatically plays in my head when I remember what happened that day.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #12
Alex655321

I put this pic in the Mafia Thread.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #13
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I was at work, my wife worked in the same building and came down to ask if I had heard that a plane had flown into the WTC, the first thing that came to mind was the small plane that flew into the Empire State Building many years ago.........once we turned on the tube, my first thought was, 'This isn't a small plane!' Five seconds after turning on the TV, the second plane hit.......holy sh!t!!!! I think gas went up to $12 a gal that day.........what a bunch of peices of sh!t.....
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #14
Primal
Batman

I was working on 51st St (a block from Radio City) listening to morning radio with my coworkers when the radio guy told us what was happning. My coworkers & I ran out of the building & sure enough, we had a view straight down 6th avenue to one of the towers with the smoke coming out. We were shocked that this was going on as we watched the mass exodus of people making their way uptown away from the mess.

I later met up with my brother & mom and couldnt get out of the city since the subway was shut down. We eventually made our way home around 3pm that day.

The other thing I will say is that at some point people just have to move on with their lives. That doesnt mean that you have to forget what happened or stop being angry about it but the yearly ceremonies to "commemorate" this event are just getting played out imo. No offense but if you want to do that, do it in the privacy of your home with your family & friends.

All I can think about is the terrorist scum who planned this watching tv every year from their cave laughing about how hard they hit us and how we're still crying about it. Why give them the friggin satisfaction?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #15
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

i was out surfing that morning
i ditched work
the waves were epic and no one out on the entire beach but an old couple having a nice end of summer walk on a most beautiful day. i was in heaven. id surfed my fill for the morning session and had run back to my house up the street to call my buddy and tell him to get his butt down there cause the waves were going off and thats when his dad told me the news. Ex EOD, he told me "ive been telling people for years somethign like this was going to happen". i had no tv at the time. i went back out and surfed till dark with only a break for lunch.

http://www.911weknow.com/index.php?o...d=34&Itemid=31

recently i grilled my uncle about the whole thing (retired CIA who also had an office in the pentagon the was destroyed) (19 minutes of fire and 3 buildings fall down, do the math). all he could tell me was that he was in charge of dis-information for the greater good. crazy times we live in. rip NYC.
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Never forget, never forgive.

"Dedicated to the men, women and children
who lost their lives; those brave people who gave their lives
And the Heroes that responded to the emergency
11 September 2001"................

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #17
statman
Baron Zemo

I remember driving to work after dropping my son off at school hearing on the radio that a plane had crashed into the WTC. As I was listening they broke in again saying that another plane crashed into the second building. No one knew immediately what was going on, but I remember thinking to myself "we are under attack!" I wasn't sure what to do. Should I go back to get my boy from school or what? As details unfolded, of course, it was revealed that everything that was happening was on the East Coast. Still, at the time who knew what was going to happen.

It was a very unsettling day for me and a very terrible and tragic day for the people who lost their lives in the attacks as well as their families and friends.

Indeed... NEVER FORGET!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #18
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

It's still vaguely fresh, like just happened yesterday.
And still remember I was on my way back from California that year and heck they searched me thoroughly.
Only place they didn't reach was underwear...

And yes, they damaged some collectibles I brought back from CA.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #19
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Never forget, never forgive.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
Thanks for posting that link, Cessna. Very moving.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #20
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Thanks for posting that link, Cessna. Very moving.
and well worth watching!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote