Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-31-2019, 09:47 AM   #3301
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
The only thing I can answer to such a useless reply is this: PLEASE IGNORE ME!

But maybe you should think about what I actually wrote. I understand that the truth hurts but why would you be so defensive, so sensitive?

Or maybe you just typed this from your cubicle at Sideshow.
It's not the underlying message, it's the abrasive nature of your wording paired with juvenile catch-phrases like "Greedshow."

Followed up weak and troll-esque insults and an insinuation that anyone who doesn't think like you must be a sheep or work at Sideshow.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #3302
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
This is nothing new and is expected during this event and most of us know this. I'm sorry you feel this way.
Yeah. I went through the same thing with White Storm. Funny enough, I’ve had several chances to buy it since but have always passed.

Still though, dropping two low ES variants, who could have seen that coming? I’m just lucky I checked in here and saw the thread in time. I didn’t even think about it, just ordered. And I’m barely buying anything these days.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #3303
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

DP.

It is always amusing that people call a for profit company greedy. Especially with all the speculation that said company could be struggling given current conditions. Sooooo which is it?

Last edited by Tbolt; 10-31-2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: DP monster
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:52 AM   #3304
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
This is nothing new and is expected during this event and most of us know this. I'm sorry you feel this way.
Honestly I don't care, I just feel bad for the people who purchased the ugly head, especially at that price.

I actually always liked the original (ie original head) statue but i am not enough of a fan of Psylocke to buy it.

To be honest though, this headgate is actually quite new for Sideshow. Once again, doing variants is not new (and actually expected even if a notice would have been nice) but switching the ugly head for the good one is really a low blow. Especially after selling the new one as a "reworked better portrait"....

But in this section of the forum, if you are not raving and absolutely idolizing any (mis)step Sideshow makes, you are automatically labeled as a hater.

The crowd can't take any criticism, even constructive.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:52 AM   #3305
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
There may have been a lot of support for the initial portrait, but those voices were too few, not loud enough, or were drowned out by the vicious attacks by many. Not only was the portrait attacked, but social communities were trashed as well. In fact, the attacks were so over the top, that SS actual changed a portrait of a pending statue release! I don't recall them ever doing that, and hope they never do it again.

There is a real reason why SS Alex does not answer questions anymore.
Funny enough, the original Psylocke PF had her headsculpts changed. I remember the OG Ex getting trashed after it was changed.

The way I always tell in photos which is the original and which was the final is the way the cloth shirt meets the sculpted neck. The original portraits rested over the cloth, on the revised statue the cloth simply touches the neck.

Between sculpt changes, heads (2 PFs with a total of SIX heads after revisions), paint issues, and release strategies Sideshow has yet to release a Psylocke Premium Format without some sort of controversy attached. Psylocke just can’t catch a break with SS.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:52 AM   #3306
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Still though, dropping two low ES variants, who could have seen that coming?
Nearmint, apparently.

I feel lucky to have checked these forums as well. I'm glad that people took the time to post about the variants here. Wouldn't have known otherwise. I got an e-mail from SS about Shadowland Daredevil long after it had gone to waitlist.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:55 AM   #3307
chronos1919
Nightwing

Wow, I didn't realize they basically recycled the design and pose from the original for this PF.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:56 AM   #3308
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Honestly I don't care, I just feel bad for the people who purchased the ugly head, especially at that price.

I actually always liked the original (ie original head) statue but i am not enough of a fan of Psylocke to buy it.

To be honest though, this headgate is actually quite new for Sideshow. Once again, doing variants is not new (and actually expected even if a notice would have been nice) but switching the ugly head for the good one is really a low blow. Especially after selling the new one as a "reworked better portrait"....

But in this section of the forum, if you are not raving and absolutely idolizing any (mis)step Sideshow makes, you are automatically labeled as a hater.

The crowd can't take any criticism, even constructive.
I don't think you're a hater and I get you're upset over it.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:58 AM   #3309
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Oh God Peedi I had forgotten about how absolutely horrible those were. LOL.

In all honestly, I'm glad that old PF had leaning and cracking issues and I returned mine for a full refund.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:58 AM   #3310
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Oh God Peedi I had forgotten about how absolutely horrible those were. LOL.

In all honestly, I'm glad that old PF had leaning and cracking issues and I returned mine for a full refund.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote