Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #21
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Thanks guys for all the well wishes. Life does present it's challenges. Don't have many people (in the "real" life) I can talk to about this. Glad I have the forum to just let it out.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #22
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

God bless you Keith! Your a stong man.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #23
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

your patience and understanding on all the stuff going on in your life is amazing. You do need to write a book.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #24
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Well, here goes. This has been going on since April of this year....
Life sure has a way of dealing us drama it seems. WIth our good friend dealing with the whole "exposing himself" issues, my prostate cancer, and this I'm struggling to try to keep Mrs Hobbit's and my life somewhat normal.
Good way to think and believe is that things happen in threes. You will now experience three things that swing your fortune the other way. First off, good prognosis on the prostate. That is always the key, maintaining the positive outlook and determination on our health.

GL and best wishes Keith...

dave
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #25
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Keith if I ever go through something like this I hope I handle it they way you are doing it.

I don't know how level headed I would be with the same circumstances.

Your son is very lucky to have a pop like you !
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #26
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

But if he has the re-assignment surgery he will lose his ability to parallel park
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #27
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Well, here goes. This has been going on since April of this year.

My son, has always been troubled seeking his "true self". Been through the rave scene, the goth scene, among others. He's gone into the "cutting" himself stuff. Well back in April he brings up all the issues he's been having since he was young. Won't go into all the details but basically he started himself on hormone treatment on his way to changing his gender. Topher now goes as Teagan. Yep, growing boobs and everything. Been difficult for Mrs Hobbit and I to deal with but he is our son and we have been supportive. Both him (now here) and us have been through counciling. Guess we've come to accept it and he (she) seems much happier. Even his girlfriend is very supportive (both of them are living with us). His ex-wife is even ok with the whole thing. Of course we are concerned with how this will impact our granddaughter, Persia, but kids are pretty resiliant and if this all she ever knows then hopefully she will grow up without any issues with it. Persia refers to him (her) as "mommy Teagan" instead of daddy. We've only told a few friends and family. Apparently 1/4 male transgenders still are attracted to females so this is referred to as a lesbian transgender. He's talking about wanting the SRS (Sexual reassignment surgery) but it's real expensive and this isn't something I'm ready to fork out ten's of thousands of dollars for as I'm trying to save for retirement.

Haven't told my parents yet as I'm pretty sure they will freak and we haven't told Mrs Hobbits mom yet either. Mrs Hobbits brothers/sisters are somewhat supportive but they live across the country and aren't seeing this all first hand.

Life sure has a way of dealing us drama it seems. WIth our good friend dealing with the whole "exposing himself" issues, my prostate cancer, and this I'm struggling to try to keep Mrs Hobbit's and my life somewhat normal.
Wow, Just when you think your life is slowing down another surprise pops up. I'm sure glad you have this hobby (and forum friends like us) here to keep your sanity. I sure hope everything works out...
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #28
Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

I'd like to start by commending you for being brave enough to share this on a public forum. It's a tribute to this particular forum and it's members that you are able to do this.

I'm sorry about any anxiety these various circumstances may be causing you and I hope the very best for you and your family.

Regarding your son, I think it's great that you're supporting him, regardless of how unconventional his life choices may be. It would be very easy for you to simply kick him to the curb and choose not to deal with it. For that I commend you again. I think what's most important is that he be happy and live his life the way he feels is best for him, as long as nobody, including himself, is getting hurt in the process.

You're a good father and doing a great job. I wish I'd had a father like you.

Good luck!
Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #29
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

I commend you Hobbit for sharing something that is very personal to you in a public forum and how you are handling your family situation with poise. You and the missus have my upmost respect.
dablkpnther is offline   Reply With Quote