Super Moderator

Nice haul. Congrats!
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #12
bq06
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake771 View Post
Dumb question here, but I don't have a lot of experience with original art.

For the Supes commission you had inked/colored:
  1. Does the inker ink directly over the pencils or do you take and give them a scan?
  2. If it is the original pencils and they ink over them, do they then erase the pencils for a cleaner finished product?
  3. And for the coloring, does she do it over the inked commission or again do you present her a scan?
  4. And finally, does she color the commission at the con via marker, etc, or is it something she does prior to a con and brings it with her?
First of all there is no one correct answer to all this. In my case I had dexter vines ink over a blue line copy of the Ed McGuinness pencils to keep them separate. For the coloring I had Laura color directly on the inked page, some will have a separate copy generated. Finally coloring can be at home, digital coloring or in this case she did everything at the show with markers. Hope this helps
bq06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #13
whd
Suicide Squad

Wow! That's an incredible haul! Sounds like those Superwoman pages were a great deal! Congrats!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #14
jakesnake771
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bq06 View Post
First of all there is no one correct answer to all this. In my case I had dexter vines ink over a blue line copy of the Ed McGuinness pencils to keep them separate. For the coloring I had Laura color directly on the inked page, some will have a separate copy generated. Finally coloring can be at home, digital coloring or in this case she did everything at the show with markers. Hope this helps
Thank you so much for your reply! I'm planning on trying to start getting into original art/commissions for this year's C2E2, so I've got a lot to learn
jakesnake771 is offline   Reply With Quote