Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #491
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
So what do people think of Kolin cancer? This might be the most uninspired design since Rashid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odLVJ7RTFio
I think SFV plays pretty great, and Kolin's playstyle looks fun. So I'm pretty satisfied with the visuals and mechanics.

But I'm tired of what's happening to Street Fighter characters, character design, and story.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:29 PM   #492
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't know, just seems lazy. She's from Russia, Russia is known for being cold, therefore she will be iced based.

Last I checked this game was still struggling to make sales, and this is what is supposed to blow our socks off?
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #493
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

It's a different sales model than games past, so they expect slow, steady sales. And service based revenue.

I agree about the excitement level. Kolin, and other "never before" playable characters isn't the way to generate enthusiasm. Except for those characters people have actually wanted, like Haggar, or SF1 characters, or Arika characters.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #494
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Cant say Kolin is anything special other then ice attacks, feels like a Karin clone in a way.

This game won't last just selling outfits and colors, people are starting to fad away from games like this. I see it on a few iPad games i play with people, they are all dropping out cause its no content just alt outfits as patches and expansions.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:34 AM   #495
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
It's a different sales model than games past, so they expect slow, steady sales. And service based revenue.

I agree about the excitement level. Kolin, and other "never before" playable characters isn't the way to generate enthusiasm. Except for those characters people have actually wanted, like Haggar, or SF1 characters, or Arika characters.

I'm a huge fan of the EX series, 3 in particular. I would be greatly disappointed if they chose this game to finally reintroduce the EX cast back into the fold after a near 20 year absence.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:10 AM   #496
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I'm a huge fan of the EX series, 3 in particular. I would be greatly disappointed if they chose this game to finally reintroduce the EX cast back into the fold after a near 20 year absence.
I'm a huge fan of EX+alpha. I felt they got worse with each iteration, despite the graphics getting better. I believe they really nailed pace and 'contact' between characters. Collision detection, essentially. My friend and I swear by that game. Few other games 'felt' as good to play. SFIV did a great job emulating the feel first established in EX+a.

Since EX is owned by Arika and not Capcom, I would be thrilled for it to be made canon. At least, parts of it. And certain characters. I know you're not enjoying V, but making Arika characters playable asap is good news to me.

But I don't think it's going to happen.

That's most of my frustration with where Street Fighter is now. When Nish!tani (I actually have to use '!', as this forum censors his name!) left, and Akiman remained, the series essentially split. Yeah, III has great spritework, and a talented artist in Akiman, but I much prefer Nish!tani's more grounded take on character design, than what has evolved in III-->IV-->V.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #497
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I'm a huge fan of EX+alpha. I felt they got worse with each iteration, despite the graphics getting better. I believe they really nailed pace and 'contact' between characters. Collision detection, essentially. My friend and I swear by that game. Few other games 'felt' as good to play. SFIV did a great job emulating the feel first established in EX+a.
I have to disagree on you with each iteration getting worse, I have it with 3 being the best, then 1, then 2. 2 could have been amazing but I'm not a fan of custom combos, excels, V-ism, or what have you. Most matches devolve into who can land an excel loop first despite the awesome zoning and footsies before meter is gained.

3 introduced so many mechanics that became standards in many fighters today. Universal overheads, just frames, etc. I also think it still has the best tag combo system in any fighting game, the options were near limitless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XLb534YlAc
Old 02-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #498
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Good to see fellow EX fans. EX + Alpha is still my favorite . When I first played SFIV it also reminded me of it , As for the sequals EX2 was ok and EX 3 for the PS 2 was fun but something about them didn't feel as good as EX+ą to me. All though once EX3 came out my brother and I played that almost exclusively. I loved doing the tag team character specific combos. I also like the character art from the series . Would be great to see some of the characters come back.

Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #499
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I guess when it comes to EX3, I may be a little harsh. That one suffers in my mind, as I do not care for tag battles at all, except for a pure entertainment angle (MvC). I don't take any tag fighters seriously. I just play for the characters. Tag just doesn't fit Street Fighter for me.

Just personal opinion on that obviously. Good to see other EX fans. In many ways, EX is more of a true continuation of II to me. That's no slight to III. Of course it's great too.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:31 PM   #500
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Funny how there is all this talk now about SF4 making its way back into tournies etc.

I might have to get a live card again and boot up sf4 even tho i hated what they did to it in omega but maybe its time to get back into it. Cause SF5 is dying hard now.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote