Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #1441
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'm happy with the Sideshow PF. He could have had a little more mass, but they represented that version of the character well. The only extras I really would have liked would have been a HS with Omega Beams or an extra hand holding a Mother Box.
Agree, I'm happy with this piece as well. The mother box option would have been epic!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #1442
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by looch View Post
For me this has been my biggest disappointment when ordering from SS. Darkseid is my favourite Villian and he deserved so much more. Bigger, more imposing...hands behind back pose and Omega effect....Its actually more difficult to get this character wrong than right..
I wouldn't want a Darkseid PF with his hands behind his back. It's too stoic and plain looking IMO. Also, I don't see how SSC could pull off the Omega beams from his eyes and have it look good. Plastic beams that plug into his eyes would probably look silly. They could have had light up eyes but I'm usually not a fan of light up features that can stop working over time.

I think the pose on this PF is spot on. It has a very Kirby vibe to it with a dramatic stance and classic Kirby extended hand. I think it looks great. Maybe SSC could have given us more with this PF (I like the idea of a mother box that was mentioned) but I have zero issues with the pose or size given this is an old school Darkseid and not the monstrously sized modern/NEW 52 Darkseid.

I understand that some collectors want a HUGE Darkseid but that's not the era of Darkseid this piece represents. Prime 1 is releasing a MASSIVE NEW 52 Darkseid that hopefully will take care of all of the collectors that passed on/didn't like the PF. I'm very happy with the PF as is. I just wish it was priced a bit cheaper.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #1443
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

FJC, I couldn't said it any better!!

This Darkseid is the one and only for me...LOVE it's presence!!!

RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #1444
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Seeing Prime Ones version puts this one into context.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #1445
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I almost think P1's is too big lol. And while the poses are great for the line, all I can think is "too bad it's new 52 designs".

Edit: That's a great pic Ross, I still need to open mine up. His size looks pretty good with his head and entire body being around twice as thick as Supes.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #1446
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I believe that Darkseid PFF has 2 problems.

1) The simplistic paints (XM or Bowen-style, too child-ish)

2) Its height. 2 inches more and it would be the PERFECT representation of Darkseid. Big characters (especially villains) should be big and intimidating not puny..

The sculpt is good, the paints are amateur-ish (XM-Bowen style) and the height is the crucial mistake.

(and Prime 1's Darkseid is atrocious, it is ginormous but the sculpt is nowhere near this Darkseid.. I also think that Prime 1 wont sell too many Darkseids)
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:19 PM   #1447
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I wouldn't want a Darkseid PF with his hands behind his back. It's too stoic and plain looking IMO. Also, I don't see how SSC could pull off the Omega beams from his eyes and have it look good. Plastic beams that plug into his eyes would probably look silly. They could have had light up eyes but I'm usually not a fan of light up features that can stop working over time.

I think the pose on this PF is spot on. It has a very Kirby vibe to it with a dramatic stance and classic Kirby extended hand. I think it looks great. Maybe SSC could have given us more with this PF (I like the idea of a mother box that was mentioned) but I have zero issues with the pose or size given this is an old school Darkseid and not the monstrously sized modern/NEW 52 Darkseid.

I understand that some collectors want a HUGE Darkseid but that's not the era of Darkseid this piece represents. Prime 1 is releasing a MASSIVE NEW 52 Darkseid that hopefully will take care of all of the collectors that passed on/didn't like the PF. I'm very happy with the PF as is. I just wish it was priced a bit cheaper.
I generally don't like to bash sculpts, but I hate that thing. He looks like an armored gorilla with a constipation issue, not Darkseid.

I like the SS one but ultimately he was too much for too little so I cancelled. Granted he didn't need to be enormous bit a little more girth/height to him would have a gone a long way.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #1448
SONICobra
Batman

I love prime1 but their darkseid doesnt look very menacing imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #1449
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Here are a couple of fresh-out-of-the-box pics along with The Trinity. EX #189 (Got on waitlist Dec 17, notified of conversion Jan. 5) I haven't seen pics of Darkseid with these three yet, so I thought it might be helpful for those of you on the fence.

I'd be careful with that Superman because he appears to be leaning to the right.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #1450
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

I think a lot of us were hoping for this Darkseid PF to overshadow the Sideshow Superman PF like how he does in the DC Direct dio.

Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote