Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 11-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
What about something like this minus Darkness?
This would be sweet
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #12
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Hmmm... I wouldn't be so quick to assume what the fanbase won't pay. The SS Batman PF has an edition run of 9500 at $400 a pop and the line-up waiting to jump on cancelled exclusives was shut down a while ago. 1/4 scale Predator and Alien easily retail between $800 and $1200 each. The cash is there, Z. Sideshow proves that over and over.

P.S. Z, the fan base would LOVE to have a genuine competition for Sideshow dollars. Gentle Giant started producing some 1/4 scale pieces of far less relevant and virtually unknown characters like Honey trap at $700 price points and it sold out.
I hear you, however it doesn't really apply to us, as these come un-assembled and unpainted. I don't see people paying $400 plus for a 1/5th scale ( forget 1/4 SS has that covered) unpainted, un-assembled kit.

Last edited by ZKULPTOR; 11-26-2013 at 08:22 PM.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
It would be huge, and doubt people would pay.
i would pay most definitely just make them extra limited lets say maybe 50 or even less i dont think the price matters when the statue is perfect just my 2 cents
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
yes!!!! this in 1/5 scale instant purchase!!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #15
moonmonkey

400 for a 1/5 scale bats sculpted by the man himself mr. sosa .. oh man how could that not sell ... especially limited to 50 or so im sure theyll sell out quickly
Old 11-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #16
deadeyes702
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Hell yeah!
deadeyes702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
gomur
The Tick

I love both images you've selected, Erick. The first one you rarely see with the cool and calculating detective sitting by his Bat computer. The rooftop staring-off-in-the-distance Batman is a pretty common choice. However, it's a tried and true pose that lends itself well to ensemble statue arrangements. Come to think of it, the former could work with a sort of "Godfather" feel with Bats being flanked by a standing Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, and so on. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

I'll respectfully disagree with MoonMonkey because price IS an issue for most buyers. I feel it will also influence sales of future statues as far as bringing back repeat buyers. I know people loooove the 1/4 scale, but you've shown with your Koto work that 1/6 scale can be just as good - and often times better!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #18
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

The pic is awesome Erick but yea would be a tough sell depending on the size of the kit.
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #19
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Hi guys,
Looking for reference online I came across this awesome piece of art.
Just curious, what do you guys think of this version of Batman? imagine him in 1/6th wouldn't that be so cool?

Love this artwork, but as someone mentioned, there have been 2 customs based off of this very print. (one sculpted by Gabe Luna, and commissioned by Averone called Batman on Throne, and the other sculpted by AYsculptures (done with working video monitors called Bat in Cave).
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #20
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Now this would be amazing!!! Did your company score a license? Congrats!! Can't wait to see this come to reality.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote