Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-31-2014, 11:52 PM   #1
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

3 day return or exchange policy ?

Got an email from GG part of which states

Quote:
Our return policy is also changing. Going forward, all requests for returns, exchanges or replacements must be made within 3 days of receipt of your order. Otherwise, they will be refused
3 Days is a little rude . . . sometimes I don't open a package for about a week just because of life or work . . . anyway . . just posting this so people are aware . . .
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
FROBAY
Phoenix

New Gentle Giant Policies

Dear Collectors,
It’s been a busy month for us here at Gentle Giant Ltd. We’re very excited to be a part of the 3D Systems family. It represents a great opportunity for us as creators to make even more cool stuff for you to enjoy, with higher quality than ever before. It also means that there are going to be doing some things a little differently going forward. Here are some new changes to existing policies that will take effect Monday, February 3rd.
Going forward, all domestic orders for Gentle Giant Ltd. products and services (except gift cards) will be charged sales tax according to the tax rate of the order’s shipping address (except in Alaska and Puerto Rico). This includes all existing pre-orders. In order to compensate for this increase of total cost, we’re also applying a flat 10% discount to your existing pre-orders, so there shouldn’t be any significant change in price for you. This discount will not be applied to orders placed after Sunday, February 2nd.
Our return policy is also changing. Going forward, all requests for returns, exchanges or replacements must be made within 3 days of receipt of your order. Otherwise, they will be refused. Also, our customer service e-mail address is changing. We are phasing out customerservice@gentlegiantstudios.com. The new address gentlegiantltd.custserv@3dsystems.com. Please add that to your approved senders list so messages sent by that account don’t wind up in your spam folders. All other aspects of our return policy will stay the same.
Another e-mail address you’ll want to whitelist is gentlegiantltd.noreply@3dsystems.com. That’s the new address all gift card codes, shipping notices and other important notifications will be coming from.
Finally, for our international customers, the USPS has once again changed their regulations on oversized packages, and unfortunately this affects orders for our Star Wars Jumbo Vintage line. The new regulations dictate that all packages that run the size of our Jumbo Vintage boxes and larger sent via the USPS can now only be sent via Priority Mail International. This change has already taken effect, and applies to all new orders and existing pre-orders. We do realize that this is a significant increase in expense to our international collectors, and we are researching other shipping options we can offer at a lower cost.
If you have any questions, please contact us at gentlegiantltd.custserv@3dsystems.com.
Thank you!
Sincerely,
Your friends at Gentle Giant Ltd.
If you have any questions, please contact us at gentlegiantltd.custserv@3dsystems.com.

Last edited by FROBAY; 02-01-2014 at 12:19 AM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #3
FROBAY
Phoenix

I opened a new thread that captures the entire newsletter of GG new policies.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:23 AM   #4
FROBAY
Phoenix

The only thing I will be buying from GG from here out is web exclusives. I will get whatever else from online comic shops, cheaper anyway.

They should have at least had a positive in that email. Like offer flex pay to balance out all the negatives.

It almost feels that they are discouraging direct online orders. Maybe they would just prefer you buy from amazon or another vendor.

3 day return policy is a dumb move.

Last edited by FROBAY; 02-01-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:54 AM   #5
ambasah
Red Skull

got it as well. even less incentive to get anything from them directly. I hope SS does not follow suit, unless they also want to lose business.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:17 AM   #6
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

I all ready pay tax on everything I order from amazon.com so its not that big a deal... and you might want to get used to this because tax online is going to happen everywhere sooner rather than later.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:07 AM   #7
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I've never ordered anything direct from GG, and I guess I never will. A 3-day return policy is ridiculous.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:23 AM   #8
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
I've never ordered anything direct from GG, and I guess I never will. A 3-day return policy is ridiculous.
I think they just mean they have to be notified of the return within 3 days of receiving it not that it has to be returned within 3 days. Still lousy but its more leeway time anyways if thats the case.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 AM   #9
built2shred
Phoenix

3 days is kind of crazy... Just make sure your not on vacation if your statue arrives or you SOL if it ends up being broken
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #10
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32
I think they just mean they have to be notified of the return within 3 days of receiving it not that it has to be returned within 3 days. Still lousy but its more leeway time anyways if thats the case.
I realize that. It still seems like an unnecessary hardship on the consumer. Like Frobay said, it's already cheaper to buy GG items from other retailers most of the time. This is just that much more incentive to turn to places like Amazon.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote