Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-30-2020, 03:18 PM   #3861
RyluzZ
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
1/3 Guts looks pretty amazing besides the cape.

The Slan though is a big ouch. That's such a big difference between the proto and production. I would cancel that if I had that on P.O.
Yeah whats up with the cape? Looks so soft and confy on the production...........that shouldnt be hard to make it like the proto
RyluzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:19 PM   #3862
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The "hair" line bothers me, because it's part of the face, and focal point to me. It being a separate piece, something happened either in production on a handful of pieces, or at the molding stage, throwing off the tolerances.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #3863
edgcastillo
Frackin!

Quote:
Congrats man! I was thinking of getting the collectors edition as its still available on Sideshow Right now. What are your thoughts on the piece?
After spending a little bit more of time looking at it, I think the statue is ok; but at this point I'm considering stopping collecting the line; after looking at the Slan pics from the previous post and some of the things I found on Griffith's statue I think the quality is going down a little bit, and these are expensive statues.

I don't know, maybe I'm nitpicking too much, but for a 1k+ price I'd like better quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3218.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	133614   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3222.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	133615   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3223.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	133616  
edgcastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #3864
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

People need to chill out about the 1/3 Guts cape. It’s a F’ng cape, chill micro nitpickers.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #3865
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
People need to chill out about the 1/3 Guts cape. It’s a F’ng cape, chill micro nitpickers.
Or we can let people know about these differences before they they drop $1500+ on a statue that wasn't what people were expecting? This ain't micro nitpicking.
So what if you're not bothered by it, that doesn't mean others aren't.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:34 PM   #3866
Punisher_

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgcastillo View Post
After spending a little bit more of time looking at it, I think the statue is ok; but at this point I'm considering stopping collecting the line; after looking at the Slan pics from the previous post and some of the things I found on Griffith's statue I think the quality is going down a little bit, and these are expensive statues.

I don't know, maybe I'm nitpicking too much, but for a 1k+ price I'd like better quality.
That's a bummer to hear. He does look nice in pics. And yeah Tell me about it the hobby is getting to expensive now a days. Prime 1 used to be the king of statues but now it seems they been dropping the ball on their QC. Not sure if its due to how many licenses they are balancing and producing. I cancelled my Last prime 1 piece which was new52 Batman cause of the paint job and sloppy lines. Before that I had 1/3 Hush Batman and that one had bad issues with the cape leaning. I hardly ever collect full lines now because there will always be some pieces that just don't look good to you or right and it will be a waste of money and space to get them just out of obligation of finishing the line.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:40 PM   #3867
Punisher_

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyluzZ View Post
Yeah whats up with the cape? Looks so soft and confy on the production...........that shouldnt be hard to make it like the proto
Yeah dunno why its like that. I always hate mixed media on statues but when I seen the prototype 1/3 cape it looked good enough where I wouldn't mind it but this cape just looks like regular black fabric.

Besides that though everything looks great. Portraits of guts are stunning. Maybe in hand it will look better and you can pose it and make it look good.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:05 PM   #3868
RyluzZ
Justice League

Quote:
Yeah dunno why its like that. I always hate mixed media on statues but when I seen the prototype 1/3 cape it looked good enough where I wouldn't mind it but this cape just looks like regular black fabric.

Besides that though everything looks great. Portraits of guts are stunning. Maybe in hand it will look better and you can pose it and make it look good.
Yeah agreed, lets hope so! Cant wait to get mine!
RyluzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:24 AM   #3869
Zombiez

My Griffith finally came and I am totally satisfied with it
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:25 AM   #3870
Zombiez

My Griffith finally came and I am totally satisfied with it
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote