Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-15-2020, 05:18 PM   #11
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

ohhh wow not it directs you to Statue Forum.com hahaha

funny stuff

Bowen was great, his products were great. His fans...strange birds. Some of them straight up exhibited creepy levels of fandom at that place, GROWN MEN, retirement age men that live and died by Bowen. for what's it worth I think the Bowen community is a better place after SF wipied away that site and the leagues of psycho, hypersensitive, uber supportive, emotional Bowen Fans and their THOUSANDS of posts off the internet...good job D-Rod and StatueForum!

hahahahah, really funny stuff
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:42 PM   #12
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

funny stuff

Bowen was great, his products were great. His fans...strange birds. Some of them straight up exhibited creepy levels of fandom at that place, GROWN MEN, retirement age men that live and died by Bowen. for what's it worth I think the Bowen community is a better place after SF wipied away that site and the leagues of psycho, hypersensitive, uber supportive, emotional Bowen Fans and their THOUSANDS of posts off the internet...good job D-Rod and StatueForum!

I can agree with you about some of the posters on that site SHOGUN. Most of them were great but there were some if you said the slightest thing about slightly not liking a statue a few posters would attack you very viciously and saying how no one should ever question Randy or criticize anything he touches. It was actually very fatal attraction like yet I do not think that any of these people ever met Randy (I remember one actually sold off his Bowen statues which I thought was rather ironic).
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:43 PM   #13
Mister H
Green Goblin

I only remember one really weird one. I have a feeling though, that one was a little off his rocker even if he wasn’t a Bowen fan.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:49 PM   #14
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Good riddance. F U CougarTrace.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:03 AM   #15
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Does Mr Al have any accounts here?

I remember a long time ago, I did not know statuemarvels.

I was actually tricked by someone in this forum to visit the statuemarvels forum.

but I always stay true to statueforum.com

I hardly visited statuemarvels.
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:02 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I can agree with you about some of the posters on that site SHOGUN. Most of them were great but there were some if you said the slightest thing about slightly not liking a statue a few posters would attack you very viciously and saying how no one should ever question Randy or criticize anything he touches. It was actually very fatal attraction like yet I do not think that any of these people ever met Randy (I remember one actually sold off his Bowen statues which I thought was rather ironic).
Yep, pretty much. When BD released the FS Enchantress statue I commented there that she was too small to be an Asgardian and you’d have thought I insulted everyone’s mother at that site. They attacked me like a group of feral, rabid cats. I couldn’t believe it. After my shock I just thought it was funny that these adult men were acting like 1960s girls at a Beatles concert, wildly screaming at me like I committed some heinous crime. Good riddance to that site.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:26 AM   #17
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Yep, pretty much. When BD released the FS Enchantress statue I commented there that she was too small to be an Asgardian and you’d have thought I insulted everyone’s mother at that site. They attacked me like a group of feral, rabid cats. I couldn’t believe it. After my shock I just thought it was funny that these adult men were acting like 1960s girls at a Beatles concert, wildly screaming at me like I committed some heinous crime. Good riddance to that site.
I remember that. She came out about the same time as Warbird. Enchantress was small and Warbird was big.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:43 PM   #18
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Some of them have migrated over to the Tweeterhead section of this site.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:20 PM   #19
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
StatueMarvels has an opening for a mod Gothamite.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:59 PM   #20
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
No there is a major difference between some of the Bowen defenders on statue marvels and the tweeterhead defenders on this site.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote