Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-01-2019, 05:38 PM   #11
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I understand how this can be enticing but until Sideshow, P1, etc. learn how to machine all their products to perfection or understand how magnetic polarity works this would be a no for me.

You think Judge Doom eyes and pieces not seating properly in their bases are a hot complaint now, this will be 100x worse.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #12
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I get the concern for micro-transactions for gaming but that isn't the same with statues. We already pay more for EX versus Collector. No free lunches with Sideshow here. So what would the change be? You would breath new life into an older piece collecting dust. And maybe Sideshow would actually make more switch outs.

Holding back to sell later? They don't need to do that when they can already raise prices and people will still buy. Sideshows pieces barely come out with switch outs lately so what is there to lose? Prime 1 and XM are the companies really offering those and the reason I am focusing on Sideshow.

If you really take a look at the Sideshow pieces coming out and what is offered as an EX switch out, very weak sauce. 1 piece usually and the EX costs more. If they aren't going to put the effort to offer more stuff with a piece, at least make it and sell it as an option.
If you think SS could have more switch-out parts with their statues, I can agree with that.

Additional "optional" items so that no statue is sold complete? Again, no thanks. Terrible idea.

I bring up video games because everyone assumed that DLC would bring extra content with a reasonable cost associated with it (if any). Turns out developers just hold back content and sell it for more later. Does anyone really want a $700 statue with another $300 worth of optional parts?

You realize they would make those "optional" parts must-haves to complete the statue?

They also wouldn't be priced reasonably at all. Think video games, where a 40 hour experience is $60 and 2 hours of DLC content is $20, but with statues.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:25 PM   #13
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

I'm gonna say.......NO
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:29 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

They need to start selling replacement parts before they think about something like this.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #15
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
As many of us are winding down our collecting days (not all of you I understand with deep pockets and a passion for this hobby that runs deeper than survival), I was thinking about what else would keep me in this game.

Switchouts, new heads, and accessories for those Premium Formats!

So do it Sideshow. This would revive interest in those pieces collecting dust in the warehouse and open a new market. Or do you like distributing watches, cups, and backpacks instead?
Switchouts do nothing for me, personally (unless the switchout is integral to the character). But either include these extra pieces you propose with the original release or not at all, I say. Statues are expensive enough. This is all subjective opinion of course. Carry on.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #16
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They need to start selling replacement parts before they think about something like this.
That’s a great point. I’d be on board with that.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #17
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Right now, EX part is about $15 more then the reg version. What’s SSC going to sell the extra parts for to make it worth while? Personally, I say no! This will fruk up the collectibility.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:10 PM   #18
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
As long as they don't hold back a better portrait to sell later I'd be ok with it...
But this is the issue. Collectors will say they are doing just that even if Sideshow says they aren't. It's a can of worms for sure. I doubt this would work out well for Sideshow or collectors.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:33 PM   #19
Y3E
Gen 13

I say no.

Buy your own 3D printer and go nuts with it.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:53 PM   #20
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Lots of no's on the idea of companies producing add on parts. Again very interesting to see. I read a lot of distrust on what companies have been doing lately and a disconnect. Is it that people just don't want the extras or that companies will take advantage of it? It's too bad because I think add ons could bring new life into the hobby and your aging pieces. But I do agree that in many cases the art is second to corporate profits in an age where companies make what they want and not really what we want.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote