Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-16-2019, 11:02 PM   #701
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Love everything but the stripes on the pants.
Love it the only thing I don’t like is the ex head in his hand is hidden at certain angles.
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:18 PM   #702
Star-struck
The Spirit

The stripes on his pants always reminded me of the toothpaste I used as a kid.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:18 AM   #703
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

LOL!

I had the same toothpaste

I had Star Wars tooth brushes as a kid, I remember that
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:23 PM   #704
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COLLECTOR View Post
Pictures wont do it justice, but this guy more or less explains it.

When you see it in person its very impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0qksCraTaA

Its true like the guy said that the colors are a bit more muted, (think Zack Snyder Man of Steel color pallet) but once you give it some good lighting this thing pops and is just incredible!

Just had a chance to open mine up, and I agree completely. This sculpt is spectacular! The attention to detail is beyond expectations, the textures mind boggling, the paint apps great.

Most have complained about the thigh stripes, & given the choice, I would have preferred them removed. But, in person, the striping is muted in color (as the whole of the statue), and blends surprisingly well with the hyper detailing of the costume.

As for the pose? Don’t quite understand the ‘strut’ label for the pose. The box art, the print, and some promo pics clearly show Cap in an active battle zone, even his shield paint depicts blast streaks across the surface. So, I see Cap twisting his body (to minimize target area), and quite obviously in the process of raising his shield, bracing for the next impact. Hell, he even has his chin tucked in, and that gaze doesn’t give a stroll in the park vibe at all.

Bottom line? The best ´modern’ style version Cap on the market. A beautiful pose, with subtle movement, and a ton of detailing should have made this a no brainer. With great deals around, if any were thinking about picking this up, just do it! Yes, it’s that good, and does make the other versions available seem outdated(just watch the vid).

P.S. Why is the sculpt attributed to Bel, when two other sculptors are given credit on ss site? Must say, looks more like a Canale sculpt, cause this Cap is a beast anatomy/muscle wise.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #705
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's good that you like it and all, but all of that explaining isn't going to change any of our minds who just don't like the costume. I'm fine with the shield and the helmet. Everything just doesn't work for me. At all. But if you bought and you like it, that's great. Something for everyone.

It may seem "outdated" in terms of sculpt, but I'll take the XM Sentinel of Liberty Cap over this all day every day.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:04 PM   #706
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
It's good that you like it and all, but all of that explaining isn't going to change any of our minds who just don't like the costume. I'm fine with the shield and the helmet. Everything just doesn't work for me. At all. But if you bought and you like it, that's great. Something for everyone.

It may seem "outdated" in terms of sculpt, but I'll take the XM Sentinel of Liberty Cap over this all day every day.

Not trying to convince anyone, just giving my take. As for the XM Cap with the skinny teen boy thighs, and done to death boring pose? No thanks.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:10 PM   #707
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Just had a chance to open mine up, and I agree completely. This sculpt is spectacular! The attention to detail is beyond expectations, the textures mind boggling, the paint apps great..
Pics! Or it didn’t happen!

.....just kiddin
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:33 AM   #708
CWalker
The Avengers

I agree with the pics statement. The stripes stand out more in pics for some reason. (I didn't like them)

It all 'works' in person. Great piece.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #709
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post

Completely agreed! I wouldn't pay much attention to divo's vomit-inducing boot-licking posts about Sideshow.

They're quite despicable.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #710
FJC
Midnighter

I'm still waiting on a fully sculpted classic Cap that I want to add to my collection. Cap is the only Avenger I still need to add to my 1/4 collection and unfortunately, I haven't liked any 1/4 Cap released to date. To make matters worse, Cap is my favorite Avenger. The wait has been excruciating.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote