Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #161
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Part of me wishes that these photos weren’t posted to the forums. Heck I wish they weren’t posted to the Facebook groups to begin with. When will people learn not to rely on badly taken photos, as it always causes the same knee jerk reactions.

But at least here rather than going for the headsculpt (which ‘maybe’ due to lighting, angle and camera lens looks subpar) the reasonable complaints have to do with the fitting on the fabric suit itself. For the first hour on the Facebook group, all anyone was reacting to was the face, or the unknown intentional change in the hair.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:13 PM   #162
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Wow, that's really bad. Tough week for P1 with this and WW's portraits...I didn't think they could do much wrong based on their previous work but back to back...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #163
Narcosis
Doh!

I know I can recover my NRD with Sideshow right now due to delays.

But does anyone know if that is still the case if I get a shipment notification from sideshow?

I'd like to wait for additional pictures but at the same time worried that getting an early ship notification from sideshow will somehow void recovering my NRD due to delays.
Narcosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #164
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcosis View Post
I know I can recover my NRD with Sideshow right now due to delays.

But does anyone know if that is still the case if I get a shipment notification from sideshow?

I'd like to wait for additional pictures but at the same time worried that getting an early ship notification from sideshow will somehow void recovering my NRD due to delays.
We will probably get more photos before it ships from Sideshow. No guarantees though, and yeah I doubt you can get NRD once it starts shipping out but maybe.
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:10 AM   #165
KelvinJ
Fantastic Four

New production pics under better lighting conditions, from one of the Facebook groups. This is definitely a keeper! Love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	182C66C5-DE51-44C7-B84C-9844CCD5C512.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	127049   Click image for larger version

Name:	08990CC5-FDAA-4C8E-AC9C-28FA5D044D40.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	127050   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEED26DF-E8E0-4477-83CD-62F09DF4CCB9.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	127051  
KelvinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:44 AM   #166
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinJ View Post
New production pics under better lighting conditions, from one of the Facebook groups. This is definitely a keeper! Love it!
As expected the face is definitely okay, but the arm pits are still a question mark.

A couple of Chinese collector posts supposedly have the same problem. I wonder if the glue is failing between the time it’s packed and shipped out.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:39 AM   #167
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As expected the face is definitely okay, but the arm pits are still a question mark.

A couple of Chinese collector posts supposedly have the same problem. I wonder if the glue is failing between the time it’s packed and shipped out.

This is same happening with 1/2 scale superman. People just need relax have it in hand.Chinese customer probably mess up with it..Who knows. this is fabric you can pull it up.. this is same has hair or cape you manipulate them. Superman costume is not exactly glue on it from what Prime1 director told me.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:36 AM   #168
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
This is same happening with 1/2 scale superman. People just need relax have it in hand.Chinese customer probably mess up with it..Who knows. this is fabric you can pull it up.. this is same has hair or cape you manipulate them. Superman costume is not exactly glue on it from what Prime1 director told me.
It’s just concerning that there have been at least 3 different collectors from China having the same exact issue. But I’ll cross my figures in the meantime.

Note as well that the fabric on both the Superman and Batman 1/2 scale statues were definitely glued to the body. Most of it can’t be budged at all; except for the capes of course.

And if the costume isn’t glued to the body that’s going to be a problem for me, as I assumed that they would do the same for their 1/3 scale piece as they did for their 1/2 scale. By gluing the costume, it helped significantly to show the underlying physique.

One of the Mods on the Facebook group has posted this

“ Be careful when assembling this piece - don't force it while inserting on the base - to avoid stretching the fabric on the armpit area.”
Old 11-20-2019, 03:46 AM   #169
KelvinJ
Fantastic Four

Quote:

I do agree about the arm pits as well! Wish they were skin tight. If mine arrives that way, I’ll definitely have to come up with a creative solution to tighten the fabric in that area, which sucks, especially at these price points.

Hopefully we’ll see a full unboxing and review soon!
KelvinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:34 AM   #170
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
It’s just concerning that there have been at least 3 different collectors from China having the same exact issue. But I’ll cross my figures in the meantime.

Note as well that the fabric on both the Superman and Batman 1/2 scale statues were definitely glued to the body. Most of it can’t be budged at all; except for the capes of course.

And if the costume isn’t glued to the body that’s going to be a problem for me, as I assumed that they would do the same for their 1/3 scale piece as they did for their 1/2 scale. By gluing the costume, it helped significantly to show the underlying physique.

One of the Mods on the Facebook group has posted this

“ Be careful when assembling this piece - don't force it while inserting on the base - to avoid stretching the fabric on the armpit area.”
Is not glue i can confirm it but some area are glue. I am with him director right now asking him. you can manipulate it for any adjustment. I will not debate this subject you need to wait when is arrive for the rest of the world for better review... compare 3 collectors you are claiming thats how many % is like 0.5% percent.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote