Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-13-2022, 12:48 AM   #3391
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Asking for something that can't exist and not getting it proves nothing.
Ah, so you agree that it is not a movie license…you just made my point…cheers!
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:38 AM   #3392
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Incorrect?the paint being ?slightly off? is your assumption?it very well could be a requirement given it was NOT a movie license?but sure?continue spreading misinformation if it floats your boat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Ah, so you agree that it is not a movie license?you just made my point?cheers!
Though I think you're intentionally not understanding the point because you're salty that you're dead wrong and you've gone into denial, I'll try to put it bluntly for you:

They did not have and could not attain the movie license. They made a statue of the character from the movie license anyway. To avoid legal complications they labeled it as a comic representation.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 09:28 AM   #3393
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Though I think you're intentionally not understanding the point because you're salty that you're dead wrong and you've gone into denial, I'll try to put it bluntly for you:

They did not have and could not attain the movie license. They made a statue of the character from the movie license anyway. To avoid legal complications they labeled it as a comic representation.

Imo it is started as a movie piece under a comic license but the end result became more comic like compared to the prototype because of the 1/3. Besides the movie mask there are other inaccuracies like the gloves, hands, control panel, bulkiness. Small things but they are there and not like in the film.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 12:09 PM   #3394
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post

You’re making my point: they NEVER committed to making this statue a MOVIE Predator...those describing the Paint as “slightly off” or “a disaster” have only themselves to blame for expecting a MOVIE paint app…it was a COMIC license. Period.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 12:32 PM   #3395
Blade3327
Nightwing

The prototype paint app was closer to the color scheme we saw in the movie. In the description for the statue, they even wrote that "The basic art style of this Cover Art resembles of the Predator that appeared in the first movie." And they added movie easter eggs which were not part of the original cover art.

Comic book label or not, you show me a prototype, I'm going to expect something in that ballpark: pale yellow with clusters of soft black spots. Not light brown with jagged, sloppy polka dots. Even with the usual 15-20% drop in quality, the colors and pattern styles should remain the same.

Prime 1 are clearly capable of using decals with soft edges (Sengoku Predator) and greater detail (Big Chap), so either they deliberately changed the 1/4 during production or they simply dropped the ball. Neither of those outcomes is something a buyer should expect when dropping close to $2K on a piece. Bootlick more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
Imo it is started as a movie piece under a comic license but the end result became more comic like compared to the prototype because of the 1/3. Besides the movie mask there are other inaccuracies like the gloves, hands, control panel, bulkiness. Small things but they are there and not like in the film.
Yep. But remember that the first time we saw the 1/4, it was part of a convention display and had two rigid square pouches hanging from its belt. Fans complained it wasn't movie-accurate so P1 replaced them with the soft, droopy single pouch we see in the film. That area of the belt is obscured by the Predator's arm on the comic book, so there was no reason for them to change anything -- yet they did. They wanted customers to consider this a film piece for more sales, even if it technically wasn't.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 01:08 PM   #3396
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The prototype paint app was closer to the color scheme we saw in the movie. In the description for the statue, they even wrote that "The basic art style of this Cover Art resembles of the Predator that appeared in the first movie." And they added movie easter eggs which were not part of the original cover art.

Comic book label or not, you show me a prototype, I'm going to expect something in that ballpark: pale yellow with clusters of soft black spots. Not light brown with jagged, sloppy polka dots. Even with the usual 15-20% drop in quality, the colors and pattern styles should remain the same.

Prime 1 are clearly capable of using decals with soft edges (Sengoku Predator) and greater detail (Big Chap), so either they deliberately changed the 1/4 during production or they simply dropped the ball. Neither of those outcomes is something a buyer should expect when dropping close to $2K on a piece. Bootlick more.

Yep. But remember that the first time we saw the 1/4, it was part of a convention display and had two rigid square pouches hanging from its belt. Fans complained it wasn't movie-accurate so P1 replaced them with the soft, droopy single pouch we see in the film. That area of the belt is obscured by the Predator's arm on the comic book, so there was no reason for them to change anything -- yet they did. They wanted customers to consider this a film piece for more sales, even if it technically wasn't.
Absolutely agree. They did this for sales.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 01:45 PM   #3397
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Just placed a 'waitlist' order for the Limited Closed Mouth Bust.

May as well go all in on the Ultimate Predator Statue.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 01:55 PM   #3398
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ you fellas are kicking us that are trying to protest with our wallets in the balls. I’m trying not to fold but if they keep selling, the price isn’t going down. Congrats though.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 01:56 PM   #3399
qz33
Doctor Doom

The cross posting between these 2 threads is amazingly confusing!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:17 PM   #3400
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
^ you fellas are kicking us that are trying to protest with our wallets in the balls. I?m trying not to fold but if they keep selling, the price isn?t going down. Congrats though.
I see it as money saved because the P2 was going to be mine until I saw the ridiculous price and the confusing base. Opportunity missed there.

Was close to just getting the P2 Bust but this is better imo.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote