Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 11-01-2021, 05:27 PM   #221
zzz
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
I had finally found time to watch that pre-order livestream interview with Artgerm and the sculptor Adeeb. I think her blue dress was designed to be like a real qipao, which have the silky shimmer effect since it is usually made with embroidered silk, hence the "shinier" blue on her outfit. The acrylic eyes vs painted eyes is a nice touch. The base has the fun energy of her stage with the chicken and food and traditional old-fashioned furniture and dining accessories. I can't wait to see photos of a live in-person display.

I think I am sold on this one over the P1. No ES has been released yet so may be she won't be sold out yet and we have a chance to see a production piece on display? I still don't know how the P1 is almost 30in tall while this is 22in, it must be angled in such a way that her hand/arm is pointing way up high in the sky; either that or the base is really big and high off the ground. The Kinequette is definitely more compact whilst full of dynamic energy which I like, plus Stanley said he would sign any part of it at a future convention (although I cannot see a good spot yet that could showcase his signature well at a nice angle) so that's also a nice bonus to get the art designer's autograph since he attends a lot of the big ones.

I was gonna order thru SF but they said you get an exclusive art print from the Kinequettes site so I might try using them. Does anyone know if the shipping costs would be really high or roughly the same as SF? Has anyone ordered anything from Kinequettes before?
I agree with you on her clothing. For some reason many folks are obsessed over fabric texture on resin statues, even though silk doesn't have that sort of texture.

If you are in the continental US, Spec Fiction offers free shipping while Kinetiquettes charges 200 USD. I was initially thinking about that art print but the total cost difference was a bit high for me to consider buying direct.
zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #222
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

I hope this doesn't get sold out anytime soon. I really wanted this to go with y HMO Morrigan. I have too much on PO and can't pull the trigger now. 🙏
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:52 PM   #223
zzz
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
I hope this doesn't get sold out anytime soon. I really wanted this to go with y HMO Morrigan. I have too much on PO and can't pull the trigger now. 🙏
Kinetiquettes will have a Morrigan if I remembered correctly (after Cammy or something). Like HMO's, it will be based on Artgerm's art of course, but Kinetiquettes will have Artgerm's direct supervision.
zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #224
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
Kinetiquettes will have a Morrigan if I remembered correctly (after Cammy or something). Like HMO's, it will be based on Artgerm's art of course, but Kinetiquettes will have Artgerm's direct supervision.
I'm sure Kinetiquette Morrigan will be nice especially with Artgerm's involvement. I'm absolutely out of space. Try not to double dip. Will still with my HMO. Will admire from afar.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:39 PM   #225
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Thanks for keeping the discussion going guys. Good to see appreciation for our hard work and thought process behind the piece, dw16. We are working hard with Stanley to ensure the definitive Chun-Li statue from concept to final QC. Rest assured.

Just FYI, this weekend is the final weekend. After which, orders will be closed for good.
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:02 AM   #226
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Thanks for keeping the discussion going guys. Good to see appreciation for our hard work and thought process behind the piece, dw16. We are working hard with Stanley to ensure the definitive Chun-Li statue from concept to final QC. Rest assured.

Just FYI, this weekend is the final weekend. After which, orders will be closed for good.
Thanks for the update. Does that mean online stores like BBTS and Sideshow will stop taking PO after this week?
Old 11-05-2021, 03:30 AM   #227
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:

You guys have a warehouse in continental Europe, don't you? So... no taxes for us Europeans?
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:08 AM   #228
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
You guys have a warehouse in continental Europe, don't you? So... no taxes for us Europeans?
That's right
Old 11-05-2021, 07:09 AM   #229
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Thanks for the update. Does that mean online stores like BBTS and Sideshow will stop taking PO after this week?
Yes we already closed orders for retailers. Sideshow is tallying orders now
Old 11-05-2021, 09:03 AM   #230
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
That's right
Cool! Thank you.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote