Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-14-2022, 04:21 AM   #3411
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
^ you fellas are kicking us that are trying to protest with our wallets in the balls. I?m trying not to fold but if they keep selling, the price isn?t going down. Congrats though.
The price has gone up a further $200 (Australian retailer). There's still stock and whilst affordability is not a problem, I refuse to be ripped off.

That said, I feel an itch behind my skull telling me to just buy it for this once in generation collectable. Going to ignore that itch though it's tempting to scratch it lol
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 04:48 AM   #3412
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

I won't give in either. Besides, something tells me P1 could have the audacity to release a simplified version of that bust.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:21 PM   #3413
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Is that sarcasm or stupidity?
definitely both.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:26 PM   #3414
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

This 1987 Stan Winston Kevin Peter Hall Predator is the best of the best movie monsters of all time. For me it's better than all of them. The black and whites, the summer blockbuster monsters, the aliens, the werewolves, Harryhausen's monsters, Kong, Godzilla...You name em, this specific version is better than all of them.

This statue for me is the perfect replica of that version of the character, that's why it sells.
Old 09-14-2022, 03:43 PM   #3415
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
This 1987 Stan Winston Kevin Peter Hall Predator is the best of the best movie monsters of all time. For me it's better than all of them. The black and whites, the summer blockbuster monsters, the aliens, the werewolves, Harryhausen's monsters, Kong, Godzilla...You name em, this specific version is better than all of them.

This statue for me is the perfect replica of that version of the character, that's why it sells.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 04:37 PM   #3416
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
Besides the movie mask there are other inaccuracies like the gloves, hands, control panel, bulkiness. Small things but they are there and not like in the film.
They were the same on this 1/3 also which has always very much been sold as the JH. They were only altered after the fact on this during the accuracy improvements early on. And it's all the better for it no doubt. I just don't get how anybody can suggest that the 1/4 isn't the JH, but it doesn't really affect me or my life so whatever people wish to think is fine by me. Ironically if P1 screw this 1/3 up. I'm more than happy to settle and have the 1/4 be my definitive Jungle Hunter statue, it's phenomenal in person!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:51 PM   #3417
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The prototype paint app was closer to the color scheme we saw in the movie. In the description for the statue, they even wrote that "The basic art style of this Cover Art resembles of the Predator that appeared in the first movie." And they added movie easter eggs which were not part of the original cover art.

Comic book label or not, you show me a prototype, I'm going to expect something in that ballpark: pale yellow with clusters of soft black spots. Not light brown with jagged, sloppy polka dots. Even with the usual 15-20% drop in quality, the colors and pattern styles should remain the same.

Prime 1 are clearly capable of using decals with soft edges (Sengoku Predator) and greater detail (Big Chap), so either they deliberately changed the 1/4 during production or they simply dropped the ball. Neither of those outcomes is something a buyer should expect when dropping close to $2K on a piece. Bootlick more.

Yep. But remember that the first time we saw the 1/4, it was part of a convention display and had two rigid square pouches hanging from its belt. Fans complained it wasn't movie-accurate so P1 replaced them with the soft, droopy single pouch we see in the film. That area of the belt is obscured by the Predator's arm on the comic book, so there was no reason for them to change anything -- yet they did. They wanted customers to consider this a film piece for more sales, even if it technically wasn't.
Looks like you still haven’t learned your lesson…if the manufacturer states “comic license” and not “movie license” you are rolling the dice if you think that guarantees a movie-accurate piece…and you should not be shocked when there are substantial differences vs the movie version…hopefully one day you’ll understand how this works…but clearly not yet…
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:40 PM   #3418
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Looks like you still haven?t learned your lesson?if the manufacturer states ?comic license? and not ?movie license? you are rolling the dice if you think that guarantees a movie-accurate piece?and you should not be shocked when there are substantial differences vs the movie version?hopefully one day you?ll understand how this works?but clearly not yet?
Old 09-16-2022, 06:41 PM   #3419
Blade3327
Nightwing

What if the final paintjob looked more like the comic cover? Orange skin with darker orange spots, green skirt, and green eyes on the helmet? Would you still blame the customer for thinking the prototype mattered? It is a comic license, after all.

I'd say the way a company names their product is the least relevant part of the equation. If you bought an unlicensed Rambo figure with a good likeness to Stallone, but what you received looked like Greg Kinnear, would you be pissed? Or accept you made a mistake because Rambo was never mentioned in any of the text?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:25 PM   #3420
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
What if the final paintjob looked more like the comic cover? Orange skin with darker orange spots, green skirt, and green eyes on the helmet? Would you still blame the customer for thinking the prototype mattered? It is a comic license, after all.

I'd say the way a company names their product is the least relevant part of the equation. If you bought an unlicensed Rambo figure with a good likeness to Stallone, but what you received looked like Greg Kinnear, would you be pissed? Or accept you made a mistake because Rambo was never mentioned in any of the text?
I wasn't;t paying much attention to this statue in the lead up and the big reveal at the Con. I will say when i first saw it without knowing anything about the piece, it closely resembled the 1987 Predator, to a T. Then i was confused when i was seeing Big Game Jungle Hunter, then i realized it was based on the comic art and the comic art was based on the 1987 Predator. as Freaky is correct, but you are not wrong in expecting this piece to look like the prototype When i saw the iprototype i said wow, this looks to be "IT".

This was definitely Prime 1's test run for the Museum Masterline 1:3. I really like this piece. Infact, if the 1:3 wasn't being made, i would've already scooped this piece up. It's really beautiful, a work of art.