Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-31-2020, 06:32 PM   #11
Rancorkill
Fantastic Four

Agreed Altantisatdawn... these last few leases have been some of SS best work for COTD. I would imagine they are going to start devoting more of thier time to the new IPs they announced at 12 Days with their Dragon Slayer, Galactic Bounty Hunter and Dark Sorceress Guardian lines. Maybe some trickle releases from COTD like the last couple of years. (I'm referring to their PFs). Just my 2 cents.
Rancorkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:35 PM   #12
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Rancorkill, you might be right, and I'm actually very interested in there new original line, however I'm hoping since COTD is Tom's baby it will still get some love going forward, so many cool characters in that story, I certainly know we probably will never get a SDCC like 2 years ago with I think ten new reveals all at once, but since Ellianastis was the last one, I'm hoping for 2 or 3 maybe, but who knows what there plan is, maybe like you said they might release one once in a while or maybe they will surprise us with a big reveal like the Angel's and Demons they had mentioned in the past
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:24 PM   #13
dechirico7
The Flash

I think she is still a bit too bright for the line, but she is growing on me. I still prefer the older illustration designs. That alternate portrait is great, love it.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:57 PM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

These COTD pieces promo pics are typically quite outstanding.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #15
Rancorkill
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Rancorkill, you might be right, and I'm actually very interested in there new original line, however I'm hoping since COTD is Tom's baby it will still get some love going forward, so many cool characters in that story, I certainly know we probably will never get a SDCC like 2 years ago with I think ten new reveals all at once, but since Ellianastis was the last one, I'm hoping for 2 or 3 maybe, but who knows what there plan is, maybe like you said they might release one once in a while or maybe they will surprise us with a big reveal like the Angel's and Demons they had mentioned in the past
I'm with you Atlantisatdawn! So much more they can do with this line and I personally would like to see some Angel's and Demons as well. And maybe slowing the releases down to 1 to 2 a year would help on the wallet. Really hoping SDCC this year will show us something new! I get nervous when they make us wait for so long between PF/Maquette reveals but I'm hoping their new board game, comics and smaller prestige line contributed to that. They are definitely expanding into new markets!
Rancorkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #16
Asgard
Deadman

I like Ellianastis but make no pre order. Waiting for in hand pics.

I do not like all COTD pieces because most are too scary for me. At time i have Kier I + II, Gallevarbe I + II and Shard
I was hoping for Shard II but i don't like her face anymore. At some point I'll buy Gethsemoni I and Cleopsis
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #17
davi
Fantastic Four

90% locked in on getting this, giving my heart a feel more days to to settle and decide.

and with all the other comments about the line continuing; i truely hope so too. They made mention a angel and possibly demon were already in some phase of development, and those are absolutely the ones i'm most curious about.
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:25 PM   #18
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Her back is probably the creepiest part of this statue to me. I can't look at it. It weirds me out.

So that must mean the design is a success
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:49 PM   #19
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

It's cool to see other people excited about this piece, I think much like Malavestros this could become a grail type piece, and like I already said, hopefully somebody from sideshow (hopefully Tom) is reading this, I think the Angel's and Demons could be a big hit with collectors, but also there's still several from the Chronicle book that would be great as well of the underworld characters, also a week or so ago on there Facebook I saw a character from the spirit faction called Kalikayl, it had a lot of likes on it, hopefully in 5 months or so it will be great news for COTD fans
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:25 PM   #20
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I think the problem this line has ahead of it is pricing.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote