Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

» Spotlight
Dechirico Diamond Select Gwenpool Statue BDL Diamond Select Black Panther Statue DGK Sideshow COTD Poxxil Exclusive PF Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories

Old 02-17-2020, 08:58 PM   #321
m4rc3low
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I contacted SS and am waiting to hear back now.

I've started researching some possible solutions, but have a lot of questions on their viability or potential for effectiveness. I don't think I will get answers in the next couple days, so right now I'm just hoping for an extension on the return window- if they can't get me a replacement.

Even if I could get a functional replacement, I'm still going to work towards a better engineering solution for the wings, as from what I've seen so far, failure over time is certainly a possibility given the weight they exert on those connection points.

On this sample here, those wings have to be between 1/4-1/3 the weight of the entire statue. That's too heavy for how thinly cast the rest of it is.

It's possible that for the owners like ambash, they were fortunate to get one that's been more robustly cast in general. I hope that's the rule and cases like ours are just the exception.

Also- Damn! I didn't realize the Hush Superman was that tall. I'm not a big Jim Lee fan, but that's an impressive piece!
Hi! Iím from Brazil and Iron Studios usually solve this kind of problem quite well. Contact them at Info@ironstudiosus.com.
m4rc3low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:44 AM   #322
ENDO
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Unless your statue arrives broken, or breaks during set up, you wouldn't be aware of its impending failure until the window for returning has passed. Based on reviews it doesnít sound like this is an anomaly. Iron Studios should consider a recall
Recall? I don't see that happening.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:23 PM   #323
leplant
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
Recall? I don't see that happening.
Iíve seen a number of items over the years that should
Have been, but I donít remember any company doing it. They should though, and Iíll keep reminding them.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:23 PM   #324
pdenham
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rc3low View Post
Hi! Iím from Brazil and Iron Studios usually solve this kind of problem quite well. Contact them at Info@ironstudiosus.com.
Thanks, brother.
I emailed them Monday, but still haven't heard back yet- from them or SS.

I agree with leplant about the need for a recall- if the rest of the run was cast in the same way mine, and presumably aa909's, was.
Like ENDO, I don't realistically see that happening though.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote