Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 08-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #251
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honored Knight View Post
I thought it over and decided to pull the trigger on Garrus Exclusive!
Solid choice. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Garrus is pretty damn awesome in person.

Although, I have Batgirl too and highly recommend you track her down at some point. She's drop dead gorgeous in hand.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #252
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

After ordering the Mordin Exclusive I too went and ordered up Garrus.

If you felt a disturbance in the force, that was my CC and Bank account crying out at the same time and then suddenly silenced.
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #253
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post

If you felt a disturbance in the force, that was my CC and Bank account crying out at the same time and then suddenly silenced.

Grats on your pickups.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #254
Honored Knight
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post

Congratulations!

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
Honored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #255
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
glad to see people jumping on the previous ones, now the line continues. I guess people who will jump on board a bit later will have trouble to acquire the entire line for a good (retail) price. I think Garrus, once he is sold out completely, will rise pretty quick in value when gamingheads keeps releasing these beauties.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:52 PM   #256
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm not sure, in a few years I think people are going to be like who the heck are these characters ?!!? Unless they do a Mass Effect Movie or something.... The next Mass Effect game will have a new cast so I don't see these statues gaining popularity other then the people who played the original games.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #257
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm not sure, in a few years I think people are going to be like who the heck are these characters ?!!? Unless they do a Mass Effect Movie or something.... The next Mass Effect game will have a new cast so I don't see these statues gaining popularity other then the people who played the original games.
Or the opposite reaction...if the game is really good (lets hope) then people will want to play the first 3 and get to know the characters there. Odds aren't the greatest. But even a few could help keep the price up on these statues.
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #258
Honored Knight
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I have a strong connection and history with Mass Effect. An emotional and sentimental attachment if you will. It doesn't matter to me if the aftermarket skyrockets or plummets. I'm not worried if people know who the characters are or what Mass Effect is. The statues are bringing me joy and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.
Honored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:44 PM   #259
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
I have a strong connection and history with Mass Effect. An emotional and sentimental attachment if you will. It doesn't matter to me if the aftermarket skyrockets or plummets. I'm not worried if people know who the characters are or what Mass Effect is. The statues are bringing me joy and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.
Nicely said, coudn't agree more. I big portion of the collection here is game merchandise and maybe in a few years nobody will know certain characters anymore... But I will still do.... especially games like Mass Effect or Bioshock ... they are just pieces of art for me.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #260
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Agreed. I never collect based on what other people might like down the line. Mass Effect was the single best game I have ever played. It resonated with me like very few video game are able too. I immediately started collecting everything Mass Effect I could get my hands on after playing the game, with no thought to long term value or their resell-ability. I now own all the prints, all the comics, all the replica weapons, and the art books. The one thing I didn't collect was the ship models. Just didn't care for those for some reason. And now Gaming Heads is taking care of the statue side and I will definitely be buying all of them!!

Even if Mass Effect: Andromeda is great, it will never surpass the original in regards to the characters. In my opinion, the original Mass Effect series had the greatest roster of characters in the entire history of video games. You had Sheppard, Mordin Solus, Miranda Lawson, Garrus Vakarian, Grunt, Joker, Aria T'Loak, The Illusive Man, Liara T'Soni, Thane Krios, Zaeed Massani, Tali'Zorah vas Neema, Samara, Jack, Kasumi Goto, Legion, Jacob Taylor, Dr. Karin Chakwas, EDI, Harbinger, The Shadow Broker, James Vega, Ashley Williams, Javik, David Anderson, Urdnot Wrex, Eve, Kai Leng, The Geth, Etc. Just one amazing character after another!! If there was ever a game series that deserved a line of statues, its Mass Effect.

Bottom line - I buy collectibles that I enjoy, period. If they wind up being a good investment, thats great, but that is certainly not why I buy them. I put plenty of my money into actual investments (stock, precious metals, etc). Those I do worry about in regards to going up or down in value. My collectibles I do not. Hopefully, it will be my son who winds up selling my collectibles, long after I am gone!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote