Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2018, 07:40 AM   #21
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
to stop
This.

Seriously, my wants list is growing faster than my budget allows. The time is edging closer to the point where i have to say, enough is enough... I have a nice collection, time to move on

I have 7 pieces on pre_order, one or two of which are due this month. The pre_order list is growing smaller all the time

At the moment there are about 7 Sideshow pieces have have held off buying. 2 of those i can see myself caving in on.
I can't wait to see how the new Catwoman translates into 3D sculpt
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #22
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

a larger house with a true man cave 1,000 square feet at least with tall as hell walls for my art as well. lol
Old 08-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #23
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettodactyl View Post
I've lately revised my collection goals due to the amount of figures I had that I just didn't truly really want. I initially started collecting mostly anime figures when I moved to Japan years ago as a hobby. I'd go out and casually look around used stores and if I saw something I thought was cool I'd buy it even if I didn't know what it was. Due to this my collection grew steadily but it's a bit all over the place with no real focus on anything specific. Now that I'll be moving back to the states soon I've started to get rid of some of things that I bought as impulse buys.

My short term goal is downsizing some of my anime collection and then to start collecting some 1/3 scale Prime 1 Studio pieces over time.

Attaching a pic of some of my current collection.
Wow I wish I had a room like this!
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #24
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

My goal is........To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Or.....to get as many of the Tweeterhead Super Powers as I can fit in my house. While, at the same time downsizing quite a bit of my current collection.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:35 PM   #25
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I was wondering what the ultimate goal was with your collections? What do you want to finally achieve with it?

As I read through the site, I see different ideas here and there about what folks are trying to achieve with their displays and they are pretty fascinating. Some folks want all movie and tv versions of characters (which is a great idea), some folks want every member of a certain team in one scale or another. Some want all females. All great plans IMO.
This is a great question that I'm still trying to figure out how to answer.

Partially I want pieces that represent/commemorate entertainment that inspired my childhood. I also want pieces that are sculpted and painted well, but also depict characters I've always loved (and even ones I didn't realize I've loved). As a fan of a wide range of entertainment, this leads me all over the place and things could get unruly pretty quickly.

For right now, this is a fun experiment learning what catches my eye and what brings out a strong desire in me really wanting certain pieces and what they end up being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
to stop
Agreed. I hope I'll be able to know when to say "when." There's only so much room to display things in my office and when that fills, I'll have to stop. If I find new things that I want past that point, I will have to make some hard choices and start selling pieces off. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #26
XMRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Agreed. I hope I'll be able to know when to say "when." There's only so much room to display things in my office and when that fills, I'll have to stop. If I find new things that I want past that point, I will have to make some hard choices and start selling pieces off. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
My office is also my room. I work from home, and Office Decorations are tax-deductible as far as my accountant is aware, so that helps.

Luckily I went through a huge minimalism phase and purged everything I owned that I wasn't in love with and sold nearly all my collection as they felt dated and no longer my sytle. I only presently have 1 statue that made the cut (XM Blackbolt) and 2 on pre-order (XM Dark Phoenix and SS Wolverine).

I'm pretty much starting all over again, feel like a total newbie, and being very selective so it's quite an exciting time.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:51 PM   #27
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
My office is also my room. I work from home, and Office Decorations are tax-deductible as far as my accountant is aware, so that helps.

Luckily I went through a huge minimalism phase and purged everything I owned that I wasn't in love with and old nearly all my collection as they felt dated and no longer my sytle. I only presently have 1 statue that made the cut (XM Blackbolt) and 2 on pre-order (XM Dark Phoenix and SS Wolverine).

I'm pretty much starting all over again, feel like a total newbie, and being very selective so it's quite an exciting time.
Same here... I also work from home, but I've been too afraid to count office decorations off as business expenses. Now that you mention it, they kinda are...

I also tend to go through those major purges for collections. Wait, how did XM Blackbolt avoid the purge and not an XM Rogue as your namesake? Or did the screen name come from your return to collecting?
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:40 PM   #28
XMRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Same here... I also work from home, but I've been too afraid to count office decorations off as business expenses. Now that you mention it, they kinda are...

I also tend to go through those major purges for collections. Wait, how did XM Blackbolt avoid the purge and not an XM Rogue as your namesake? Or did the screen name come from your return to collecting?
Statues as office epenses may be pushing it but why would these decorations be any different than a big company that buys their executives lavish paintings or something for their offices and writes that off? Or desks that cost $10K and marble top tables that have to cost a fortune. At least that’s how I see it. I’ve seen far more wasteful spending on office redecoration / theme changes than I’ll ever end up spending.

I’m not aware of any XM Rogue pieces since I started following them in 2016 I think. If they ever made one it’s probably old. I’m just keeping my hopes up that they announce this as a project. I asked on Facebook but I got a cryptic response. I think permission to use Rogue was on hold when I asked them.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #29
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKinSD View Post
a larger house with a true man cave 1,000 square feet at least with tall as hell walls for my art as well. lol
THIS! So much THIS!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:52 PM   #30
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

My ultimate collection goal is to make enough money to fullfill my ultimate collection goal
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote