Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-09-2019, 03:41 PM   #21
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
With so much coming out from so many companies i'd probably lose interest, hell i've lost interest in some SS pieces in the span of a few months.

Constantly seeing new stuff always has me re-evaluating what i really want.
Having a focus helps. In a given show I tend to see 1-3 new pieces that interest me. If I allowed myself to buy what ever it would get away from me. It is sort of a relief at time to go "that's an amazing statue, but it doesn't fit, so easy pass" on about 80% of what comes out.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #22
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Don't know how people stay excited with such long wait times.
I must say I'm starting to feel this. I ordered two statues through XM around Christmas time (Hulk and Flash), and neither one is really close to shipping it seems. Not something I anticipated for my first two statue pre-orders.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:59 PM   #23
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yep, it's a big part of the reason why I'm getting out. It's really not uncommon for it to be 2+ years between knowing about/seeing a statue and having it in your hands, and at some point the excitement fades. Partially because of how long of a wait it is, partially because of as mentioned many other things have been revealed in the mean time, and partially because you just inevitably move on to/find other things you'd prefer to spend that ~$1,000 on.

The statues are fantastic, they are. I've got 8 now and I expect to probably get about 3-4 more. But beyond those that I have my eye on, I'd say I'm pretty much done. In my instance I've gotten a level of enjoyment out of the statues that I already have which isn't going to be exceeded by any statue I don't have. And when you hit that point with these prices, it's time to move on.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:20 PM   #24
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Having a focus helps. In a given show I tend to see 1-3 new pieces that interest me. If I allowed myself to buy what ever it would get away from me. It is sort of a relief at time to go "that's an amazing statue, but it doesn't fit, so easy pass" on about 80% of what comes out.
True, i’ve lost a lot of money in the past impulse POing and later canceling.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #25
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I must say I'm starting to feel this. I ordered two statues through XM around Christmas time (Hulk and Flash), and neither one is really close to shipping it seems. Not something I anticipated for my first two statue pre-orders.
Yeah those are crazy wait times, give you credit for having more patience then me though, i would’ve canceled. But like Augen says when release comes around excitement should start to ramp back up.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #26
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yep, it's a big part of the reason why I'm getting out. It's really not uncommon for it to be 2+ years between knowing about/seeing a statue and having it in your hands, and at some point the excitement fades. Partially because of how long of a wait it is, partially because of as mentioned many other things have been revealed in the mean time, and partially because you just inevitably move on to/find other things you'd prefer to spend that ~$1,000 on.

The statues are fantastic, they are. I've got 8 now and I expect to probably get about 3-4 more. But beyond those that I have my eye on, I'd say I'm pretty much done. In my instance I've gotten a level of enjoyment out of the statues that I already have which isn't going to be exceeded by any statue I don't have. And when you hit that point with these prices, it's time to move on.
I want to get out but at the same time i don't, so much to look forward to and be blown away by.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:40 PM   #27
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I want to get out but at the same time i don't (so much to look forward too and be amazed by)
The day it ceases being enjoyable I'm done, but I'm nowhere near that now. Fun hobby even with the headaches.

I play video games and waiting for some is similar experience. Final Fantasy VII-R was announced in June 2015 and is coming out (at least part of it) in 2020.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:12 PM   #28
built2shred
Phoenix

Even if you see something new you like it will be 16+ months before that comes out also... it's to bad they can't start the pre-order like 6 months before it comes out.

But I'm pretty sure they're using the pre-order money to make the statues. So I doubt any company is going to change their ordering process.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #29
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Even if you see something new you like it will be 16+ months before that comes out also... it's to bad they can't start the pre-order like 6 months before it comes out.

But I'm pretty sure they're using the pre-order money to make the statues. So I doubt any company is going to change their ordering process.
Depends on the company. Shorter the wait time the better imo (6-8 months preferably). Although i can see the benefit of longer wait times for those who like to spread out their payments.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #30
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The day it ceases being enjoyable I'm done, but I'm nowhere near that now. Fun hobby even with the headaches.

I play video games and waiting for some is similar experience. Final Fantasy VII-R was announced in June 2015 and is coming out (at least part of it) in 2020.
Agree, the issue for me though, is i love art and collect art books and these statues are 3 dimensional forms of art, so i’m probably in for life lol

FF 7 remakes look pretty good, a buddy of mine had been waiting for Kingdom hearts 3 since 06, the KH3 was announced much later but yeah games can be a long waits as well. Only games I’m anticipating at the moment are Death stranding and Last of us 2.