Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

» Spotlight
DGK Tweeterhead Batman Exclusive DGK Diamond Select Premier Black Panther Statue DGK Kotobukiya ArtFX Spiderman & Venom 1:6 Statues Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2019, 05:27 PM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
Mod of the Rings
Super Moderator
 
nbr3bagshotrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Shire
Posts: 34,173
Gorgeous! Congrats.
__________________
Second star to the right and straight on until morning.
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:06 AM   #12
Mean Green
The Atom
 
Mean Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Thanks guys!

You know, it's interesting how CAF works. I can post an Adi Granov piece and get 50+ comments, yet when I post a large piece by a master like Sanjulian, whose vast experience is near indescribable, only one person posts a comment, the lowest I have ever had for any piece posted on CAF in 15 years. Not a complaint, just an observation. I've actually had ten minute con sketches get more comments. Bizarre. While I generally do not judge a piece necessarily by the number of comments it receives, when a piece only draws a single comment, you begin to wonder if CAF has largely become a modern art arena, which few exceptions for vintage Marvel and DC pieces.
I think CAF's popularity has died down tremendously over the past few years (at least since my brief hiatus from the hobby). Views and comments have plummeted overall and I believe it's just a small percentage of the already small number browsing and commenting on art on that site these days.

I can only speak for myself and I don't imagine I'm the only one who does this but I only go on and search specific art that interests me these days (i.e. Hulk and specific artists) versus in the past where I would take time and browse all newly posted art. I also try to keep relatively up to date on my galleries simply to be able to look at all my art easily. I don't have enough wall space to hang everything so a lot of my collection is stored in portfolios. Digging them out once in awhile to flip through is definitely a treat but being able to catalog and see them digitally on a daily basis is really the only reason I upkeep my gallery.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:30 AM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order
 
risingstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Habs Nation
Posts: 27,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
I think CAF's popularity has died down tremendously over the past few years (at least since my brief hiatus from the hobby). Views and comments have plummeted overall and I believe it's just a small percentage of the already small number browsing and commenting on art on that site these days.

I can only speak for myself and I don't imagine I'm the only one who does this but I only go on and search specific art that interests me these days (i.e. Hulk and specific artists) versus in the past where I would take time and browse all newly posted art. I also try to keep relatively up to date on my galleries simply to be able to look at all my art easily. I don't have enough wall space to hang everything so a lot of my collection is stored in portfolios. Digging them out once in awhile to flip through is definitely a treat but being able to catalog and see them digitally on a daily basis is really the only reason I upkeep my gallery.


You bring up an interesting point. You may be right. While I may not pop in on CAF as much as I used to, I still do my best to see what's new at least once a day or every two days.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:37 PM   #14
pavehawk78
Defenders
 
pavehawk78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,992
Awesome piece of art! Congrats!
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:22 PM   #15
PeachFuzz
Frackin!
 
PeachFuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Thanks guys!

You know, it's interesting how CAF works. I can post an Adi Granov piece and get 50+ comments, yet when I post a large piece by a master like Sanjulian, whose vast experience is near indescribable, only one person posts a comment, the lowest I have ever had for any piece posted on CAF in 15 years. Not a complaint, just an observation. I've actually had ten minute con sketches get more comments. Bizarre. While I generally do not judge a piece necessarily by the number of comments it receives, when a piece only draws a single comment, you begin to wonder if CAF has largely become a modern art arena, which few exceptions for vintage Marvel and DC pieces.
Why would you care who comments on your collection? You may be collecting for the wrong reasons.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:25 PM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order
 
risingstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Habs Nation
Posts: 27,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Why would you care who comments on your collection? You may be collecting for the wrong reasons.
Yes, that must be it. I collect for the wrong reasons. Forty+ years of collecting all down the drain. What was I thinking all this time? Thank you for chiming in with this incredible insight.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #17
Mean Green
The Atom
 
Mean Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Yes, that must be it. I collect for the wrong reasons. Forty+ years of collecting all down the drain. What was I thinking all this time? Thank you for chiming in with this incredible insight.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:20 PM   #18
whd
Suicide Squad
 
whd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,345
That is fantastic! Congrats!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:48 AM   #19
PeachFuzz
Frackin!
 
PeachFuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Yes, that must be it. I collect for the wrong reasons. Forty+ years of collecting all down the drain. What was I thinking all this time? Thank you for chiming in with this incredible insight.
You're welcome?
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #20
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?
 
zeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,346
Really impressive, one day will see it i person.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com