Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-20-2020, 04:36 AM   #561
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikemBHD View Post
I modified it
IT IS AWESOME, IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS ON WHAT YOU USED TO DO THIS FINAL FINISH PLEASE SHARE WHAT YOU USED COLOURS PAINTS ETC. IT IS STUNNING.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:51 AM   #562
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
I think they "pass" because thay have no money for it therefore there is no option lol. Come on people, most of you can't afford it like me but i don't hide behind senseless reasons. I "pass" because im poor. But the piece, eevn tho is not perfect, is amazing just because of the fact that is SW maquette. Period.
So we must all love it and anyone who claims to not be a fan of the paintjob is just jealous because they can’t afford it?!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #563
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

How much for a complete repaint for this thing? Anyone here want to fathom a guess?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:54 AM   #564
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
How much for a complete repaint for this thing? Anyone here want to fathom a guess?
most likely the same price all over again. the head could be fettled but then the rest of the body would need to match.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:17 PM   #565
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Not cheap at all. Professionaly, like 3k.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #566
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
So we must all love it and anyone who claims to not be a fan of the paintjob is just jealous because they can’t afford it?!
50/50 true and false. Read it again...sloooooowly. i have been in that position where i look for flaws mostly out of jealousy. Thankfully, i have change that part of me. And like i said, FOR ME just the fact that it's a SW 1/5 makes it worth it. Again, MY OPINION.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:22 PM   #567
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
LOL, nope, not the reason for the pass.
I’ve wanted this piece forever but am very disappointed that Chronicle messed up another Rex...that is three times now.
Thx, I know there isn’t another option. I’m just very disappointed. Can’t wait to see yours though!
I can't afford it...well, i can, just not a priority.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:35 PM   #568
Ninner

Quote:
50/50 true and false. Read it again...sloooooowly. i have been in that position where i look for flaws mostly out of jealousy. Thankfully, i have change that part of me. And like i said, FOR ME just the fact that it's a SW 1/5 makes it worth it. Again, MY OPINION.
Well if you looked for flaws out of jealousy that’s your call but certainly not something I’ve ever done. And reading your comment again slooowly changes nothing. Maybe you should read it again too.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #569
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Well if you looked for flaws out of jealousy that’s your call but certainly not something I’ve ever done. And reading your comment again slooowly changes nothing. Maybe you should read it again too.
why are you so defensive? you need to chill. if you bought it, you are one lucky sob. if you didn't, welcome to my boat. but stop triggering by others opinions. besides, I was talking on general. if you felt attacked, im sorry but it wasn't my intention. you are one of the good guys here, don't ---- it up. cheers.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #570
Ninner

Quote:
why are you so defensive? you need to chill. if you bought it, you are one lucky sob. if you didn't, welcome to my boat. but stop triggering by others opinions. besides, I was talking on general. if you felt attacked, im sorry but it wasn't my intention. you are one of the good guys here, don't ---- it up. cheers.
Well same goes for you really, ..you are shunning people’s opinions and then questioning why people defend them. It’s not your opinions that are ‘triggering’ me, it’s the fact you are describing my opinions as ‘senseless’ etc. Satisfaction with the final paint job on a 7ft long statue is anything but senseless. I’m not here to argue with anyone though. ...I didn’t order it because it’s a CC piece and I avoid anything by them for a number of reasons. And I also think 4.5k is way too expensive. But I’m glad for those that did.