Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #231
junta
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
impressive indeed, if i were WB i would be thinking long and hard about the future of the dceu... i dont think there is anyway for them to salvage what they have and come close to this kind of success. they are going to have to reboot to some extent via flashpoint or something, similar to what fox did with DOFP before they f_cked it up again with apocalypse
Why the need for a reboot? Just make better films, moving forward.
junta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #232
Demona
Martian Manhunter

To be fair, DOFP wasn't a great movie. It was great in the X-Men franchise. Which isn't saying much. I'd still give the movie a 7/10 because I feel it was just another shoehorned Mystique movie.

I think DCU has to reboot everybody except Wonder Woman. She's their only savior at the moment. Truly. BUT until Gal is done, the DCU won't reboot because she's linked to Affleck and Cavill. I don't see how DCU can just "make better movies" when they don't have the foundation to do so. They keep thinking their movies are great, they aren't, and yet they keep using the same damn formula.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #233
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by junta View Post
Why the need for a reboot? Just make better films, moving forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't see how DCU can just "make better movies" when they don't have the foundation to do so
this

black panther has surpassed JL domestic gross in one weekend, people dont like the current dceu plain and simple. they like gadot and from what i can tell cavill, if i were wb i would abandon the team up movies and focus on really good stand alone solo films and recast who isnt working out

i loved MOS and really liked BvS (ultimate edition) and did not hate JL as much as most so i am far from anti-dc, just calling it like i see it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #234
Mister H
Gen 13

I agree with the "just make good movies from now on" idea for WB.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:33 PM   #235
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
To be fair, DOFP wasn't a great movie. It was great in the X-Men franchise. Which isn't saying much. I'd still give the movie a 7/10 because I feel it was just another shoehorned Mystique movie.

I think DCU has to reboot everybody except Wonder Woman. She's their only savior at the moment. Truly. BUT until Gal is done, the DCU won't reboot because she's link to Affleck and Cavill. I don't see how DCU can just "make better movies" when they don't have the foundation to do so. They keep thinking their movies are great, they aren't, and yet they keep using the same damn formula.
I would say the same thing about WW, it wasn't great movie but it was great within the DCU. I would rate WW below pretty much all of the Marvel Movies... It had a "ok" story but really weak CGI and Gadot's acting while not terrible was not that great.

I know some people liked Snyder's stuff but if you look at the whole franchise overall they need to stop making DC movies for the next 10 years or so and then do a full reboot once everyone's memories of what Snyder did has faded. It's what DC had to do after Joel Schumacher butchered the Batman franchise and after they made Superman 3 & 4.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #236
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's what DC had to do after Joel Schumacher butchered the Batman franchise and after they made Superman 3 & 4.
That's a good point. Wow, DC movies have really sucked for decades. Only a handful of good ones.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #237
Gothamite
Phoenix

This is outpacing even Marvel's own team movies despite being released in the middle of February and with the Olympics on TV.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #238
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

How many post credit scenes? I left after the first one. Was wondering if there was one after all the credits.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #239
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
How many post credit scenes? I left after the first one. Was wondering if there was one after all the credits.
There was one more. Something to do with Bucky. I left after the first one too.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #240
Gothamite
Phoenix

Post Credits Sequences:

Spoiler

#1: T'Challa announces to the UN that Wakanda will no longer be isolationist.

#2: Shuri has "cured" Bucky of his Hydra programming. Some kids in Wakanda call him the "White Wolf".
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote