Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #21
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
For me, it is cheaper to buy from SS directly. My LCS really pumps up the price. When King Hulk came out, they were asking $900 cdn for it.
That Comic Book Shoppe? I asked them for a discount when I got their Gladiator Hulk. They gave me 20%.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:12 PM   #22
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Yeah, tell me about it.

The PF SS sells for $400, my LCS sells for $700+ (not incl tax). By my calc, using a 71 cents exchange rate, that is only $563 cdn. Plus shipping $70 cdn ($50 US), it is still cheaper to buy from SS. Of course, now we can get unlucky and pay an additional 6% duty on the $563 cdn, but still cheaper than the LCS.
Honestly it's almost a non-factor for me at this point as with our exchange, I don't plan on buying anything more. At least not for a very long time. I think I'll get the Maquette Thanos, but only direct from SS in order to use all the RP I've been able to accumulate through codes. Have $77 saved so I assume that will still outweigh the 6% and that way I have piece of mind of it coming direct. But after that, pretty much on hiatus until things turn around.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #23
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Ok let's keep this civil because the othe thread got closed by 1 person here.

I spoke with a Sideshow Rep today and apparently they have fought CBSA to not use the harmonized code that charges the additional 6.5% tariff tax. It is unfortunate out of there hand. They asked me to contact my fedex broker.

I wrote 2 emails to CBSA stipulating that they can not impose this tariff tax because (1) no competitors making these type of collectibles (2) these statues uses mixed material such as cloth, metal, pvc, batteries, movable and switchable parts and it needs to be assembled like a Leco, therefore it's not a true statuette class. I also emphasis these are adult toys and if they impose the new harmonized code, then they have to do it with toys such as Barbie & action figures such as Transformers. However the email I got back is they will not reply back up to 10 days from now.

Now since I have a Fedex account and I encourage every Canadian consumers to set up a free account. The VAT Rod $10 handling fee are waived always so it's an incentive to have an account with them. I'd spoke with a FedEx agent(s) and this is what you need to do once they give you a direct FedEx broker email so they can follow up with your concern and deal with CBSA.

1) provide our account number & phone number.
2) write the harmonized code 3926.40.000
3) specific issue why they shouldn't use that code as I listed above.
4) use the suggested code 9503.00.000 or 9825.30.000 etc.

Now what they will do for you (which is better then nothing), once ssc gives you the tracking number, contact your FedEx broker and ask them what is the harmonized code. If it's 3926.40.000 then immediately file a complaint that they should not use it. They will immediately investigate and put the right HC code. The reason why you need to do this is because you don't see the invoice until they charge your credit card. This wouldn't be for 3 weeks or so.

Now I'm waiting back to hear from CBSA but they need to remove the impose HC that they have on sideshow.
Huge thanks from ME as well. VERY much appreciated (especially since that other thread got closed due to stupidity).

Not sure if it helps (not the same thing but IS related to import duty) - I signed THIS as well (emailed by eBay yesterday) . . . http://www.ebaymainstreet.com/petiti...imis-threshold

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #24
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
That Comic Book Shoppe? I asked them for a discount when I got their Gladiator Hulk. They gave me 20%.
Yeah, that's the place.

They gave you that big of a discount? Heck, the most I've received from them was $25 off and I've bought about 15 pieces from them. I haven't in a couple of years though and now they have so much stuff I am not surprised they are giving better discounts.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:44 PM   #25
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Okay. I just got a statue from PCS and guess what CBSA used?

And coincidentally I got this email from today CBSA...

The 10-digit tariff classification number for the goods in question and the country of origin of the goods are used to determine the rate of duty that must be paid when importing.

Due to the complexity of classifying goods, the Contact Us service is unable to provide definitive tariff classification numbers for the goods listed in your e-mail.

For information on the methodology for classifying goods in the Tariff, refer to Memorandum D10-13-1, Classification of Goods.

Tariff classification can be very complex for certain goods; therefore, you may wish to apply for an advance ruling.

Advance rulings provide information on the importation of particular goods, including their 10-digit tariff classification number under the Canadian Customs Tariff. The advance ruling ensures that the tariff classification number used is deemed correct by the CBSA. The advance ruling provides certainty to the importer or his or her representative, as to how goods are to be classified. Detailed information on requesting an advance ruling on tariff classification is available in CBSA Departmental Memorandum D11-11-3 Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification.

For information regarding the importing or exporting process into or from Canada, please refer to the Import and Export section CBSA Web site.

If you require further assistance on any of the above information, please contact a senior officer through the Border Information Service (BIS). The BIS line is free of charge throughout Canada by calling 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada, call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (long-distance charges apply). Senior officers are available, Monday to Friday (08:00 - 16:00 local time / except holidays), by pressing “0” at any time after you have made a selection of either English or French.

Thank you for contacting the CBSA.

...Which basically tells me they have absolutely no clue what they are doing. This is the most generic reply back that I got from them.

Sideshow, if you are reading this, look at the Harmonized code they just used. As consumers, we should not be doing all this work to dispute tariff tax claim that is unjustified!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #26
HeavyMetalSpike

So they used 970300 - does that one incur the new (extra) charges?

PS: - you might want to block out your address on the pic dude.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #27
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
So they used 970300 - does that one incur the new (extra) charges?

Nope. Duty free code, like the one sideshow used for years.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:22 PM   #28
HeavyMetalSpike

Thanks

So - where do we go from here?

Old 01-17-2017, 08:23 PM   #29
Diddy1984
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Just mail things to a relative in America... Pick it up when you visit or mail it to yourself when you go visit...
Diddy1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:34 PM   #30
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Thanks

So - where do we go from here?

I emailed both Sideshow & CBSA again and attached the pic with the correct harmonized code. I also spoke with Fedex broker and to lift the wrong HC, Sideshow must resolves this issue. This is absolutely ridiculous and for Sideshow not to really fight for the Canadian consumer.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote