Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-14-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
Titan1977
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

some long overdue MC Wyman commissions

well, these pieces were due back in March and April. The completion dates kept creeping out. To be honest, I am not thrilled with the Teen Titans cover piece. I asked for a piece where batgirl (steph), wonder girl (cassie), and supergirl, were having a girls night, sitting on a couch watching a scary movie, with the girls wearing age appropriate sleepwear, and Robin and Superboy were sneaking up behind them to scare them. This is the 2nd cover piece where I feel like MC didn't put his usual level of work into it. I feel like the girls look like the Stepford Wives instead of 3 teens watching a scary movie.
The color pieces are a little better, but just feel a little bland. Part of it may just be due to the completion date continuously slipping, I don't know. He owes me a couple other pieces that he said will be done around the end of August (won in May), so maybe those will be a little more to my liking.

I am a huge fan of MC's work, and you can't beat the prices, but does anyone else feel like they're not getting the quality they used to?
Titan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have never gotten anything from MC but I really like the middle piece. The girls in the cover piece do look kind of serious. If you wanted a campy mood for the piece I think MC didn't get it right. However, they are all nice pieces.
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
Titan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
I have never gotten anything from MC but I really like the middle piece. The girls in the cover piece do look kind of serious. If you wanted a campy mood for the piece I think MC didn't get it right. However, they are all nice pieces.
Yeah, the middle piece is my favorite of the group. She is Lola XOXO.
I really hope my other pieces turn out more to my liking.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Doc McCoy
Mephisto

I've gotten four pieces from MC. I thought he delivered on half of them, so yeah, I'd say he's kind of hit or miss. But depending on the cost of the piece, he's still one of the best bargains in commissions.
Doc McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

I think his color pieces are the ones he puts in the most effort with. I really like those two color pieces but yeah the Teen Titans one is just alright and doesn't sound like what you asked for.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:45 PM   #6
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Looks like the ladies are watching an episode of 48 hours. Think it looks great but not what you were looking for. I won my first wyman a few weeks ago. Im hoping he brings the goods for mine!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:35 PM   #7
Shawn F
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I had a similar experience with Wyman. After numerous emails and delays I received my piece months after it was promised. And the final piece just seemed to lack a little something.

I had requested a pitched battle between Wonder Woman and Big Barda with Mr Miracle's life in the balance. Wyman left out Mr Miracle and the ladies seemed to be bored based on their facial expressions.

It's a piece that I had planned on displaying before I saw it. Wyman had refused to show WIPs. Now its packed away and I rarely look at it.

My opinion is that folks need to get one of his auctions early before he starts running behind. Otherwise you run the risk of getting an "eh" type piece.
Shawn F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #8
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Still waiting on a Wyman cover commission that was supposed to arrive in March too. Hoping that he delivers on what I described. I think the quality issue may have began when he started offering color commissions with his regular pen and ink work.

I think the guy takes on way to much at one time to deliver quality work. The pictures shown on ebay are some of the better pieces he has done

If he comes up short on my latest,I may be done with commissions from him. The six month plus wait is a killer too.

These three pieces are not bad if the price was right,but not what you asked for.
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #9
Titan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs1162 View Post
Still waiting on a Wyman cover commission that was supposed to arrive in March too. Hoping that he delivers on what I described. I think the quality issue may have began when he started offering color commissions with his regular pen and ink work.

I think the guy takes on way to much at one time to deliver quality work. The pictures shown on ebay are some of the better pieces he has done

If he comes up short on my latest,I may be done with commissions from him. The six month plus wait is a killer too.

These three pieces are not bad if the price was right,but not what you asked for.
yeah, if the others aren't more up to par, i will likely not buy more. I think he does take on too much to meet the deadline he quotes in the auctions, as for awhile he was having 6-9 auctions a week for various levels of commissions. I did notice he hasn't posted any lately, so hopefully he gets caught up.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #10
Spidey62
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I have won 2 auctions. 1 was a Spidey/Lizard piece that was delivered on time and I like. The cover piece is about 2 weeks overdue, but that's not a big deal, but the result will most likely decide whether I get more from him. I am hoping for the best.
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote