Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-12-2020, 09:21 AM   #31
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm all for R but Koto doesn't do R...

Besides all those Asian Stores sell R and X rated statues... at least that's what Gothamite told me..

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:58 AM   #32
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
I'm curious if it will be a PG-13 Bishoujo or a G rated Bishoujo, lately, some of these Bishoujos have been rather conservative compared to the ones they did years ago...
They just got too popular for licensors to deviate from the current emotional climate.

As popular as it is the original Catwoman never being re-released tells you all you need to know on how this will be.

The risqué ones are left for characters like Texas Chainsaw.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:09 PM   #33
diegocollects
Doh!

There are several things I’m looking forward to with this statue. First, I’m excited for her costume. Mera wears a beautiful, shimmery green suit. The scales on her suit glisten, emulating how fish scales reflect in the water. It’s a gorgeous effect, and I can’t wait to see how Kotobukiya pulls it off. I’m hoping for something even more beautiful than Lady Loki’s suit. I’m wondering if they’ll go with a simpler and more classic design, or a more modern, intricate design. I would be fine with either one.

The second thing I’m excited for is the base. I’m hoping there’s a water effect on her base. Mera commands water; it’s an important part of who she is. I’ll be disappointed if there isn’t some sort of water effect on the base. I think there will be though. Pretty much every Mera statue out there has a water effect on the base, so I’m thinking the chances of having some sort of water effect for this statue are fairly high. Hopefully it’ll be something more substantial than Wasp’s splash effect.

Lastly, I can’t wait to see how her hair turns out. It appears to be very voluminous. Hopefully it doesn’t obscure her face too much. Her hair will definitely look lovely though. I wonder if the flowing of her hair is meant to resemble how hair flows in water.

As far as how risqué this statue will be, I doubt it’ll be any more provocative than what we’ve seen recently. It won’t be as suggestive as the first Catwoman statue, but it won’t be conservative like Squirrel Girl or Mary Marvel. It’ll be more along the lines of Poison Ivy, Power Girl, Batwoman, etc. I’m pretty sure we’ll get what we have been getting all these years: an attractive figure that highlights the character’s beauty with a Bishoujo twist, but essentially remaining true to the character’s original design.

I have good feelings about this one. I doubt it’ll disappoint.

As a side note, I don't think the controversy surrounding Amber Heard should have an impact on whether you get this statue or not. Amber Heard is simply the actress who plays the character. The statue itself is an homage to the character Mera. We should be able to separate actress from character. Mera existed long before Amber Heard, and she'll continue existing after Amber Heard is gone. If you have read the comics or watched the animated series, you'll see that there is so much more to Mera than just having been played by Amber Heard in the movie version. It's definitely not going to stop me from collecting what is most likely going to be a gorgeous statue based on a beloved character.
diegocollects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #34
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegocollects View Post
As a side note, I don't think the controversy surrounding Amber Heard should have an impact on whether you get this statue or not. Amber Heard is simply the actress who plays the character. The statue itself is an homage to the character Mera. We should be able to separate actress from character. Mera existed long before Amber Heard, and she'll continue existing after Amber Heard is gone. If you have read the comics or watched the animated series, you'll see that there is so much more to Mera than just having been played by Amber Heard in the movie version. It's definitely not going to stop me from collecting what is most likely going to be a gorgeous statue based on a beloved character.
Well said!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:07 AM   #35
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Just a head's up - The final artwork for our upcoming Mera Bishoujo statue will be unveiled Friday (6/12) morning (9AM PT) on our official SNS:

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Old 06-12-2020, 10:33 AM   #36
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Just a head's up - The final artwork for our upcoming Mera Bishoujo statue will be unveiled Friday (6/12) morning (9AM PT) on our official SNS:

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Yay! Thank you for the update, excited to see her.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:04 PM   #37
built2shred
Phoenix

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:08 PM   #38
Gothamite
Phoenix

No baka hair.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:18 PM   #39
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
No baka hair.
I'm pre-ordering her just for that reason
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #40
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
I'm pre-ordering her just for that reason
But you sold all your other bishoujos...
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote