Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #751
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Pre-ordered the exclusive!! I'm so excited for this!!

Hopefully SS reveal a Storm statue this year! It would be awesome!
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #752
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Pre-ordered the exclusive!! I'm so excited for this!!

Hopefully SS reveal a Storm statue this year! It would be awesome!
We need an action Storm to go with Rogue and Gambit. Just not the white version.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #753
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
We need an action Storm to go with Rogue and Gambit. Just not the white version.
I bet Sideshow reveal Storm PF/Maquette in 2020
The question is, what approach will they take to create something equal to, or more impressive than, Storm by XM Studios ?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:12 PM   #754
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I agree, seems very likely. Depending on your definition, I'd say she's the most prominent "A-lister" they have yet to reveal in this line.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:42 PM   #755
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I agree, seems very likely. Depending on your definition, I'd say she's the most prominent "A-lister" they have yet to reveal in this line.
Let's hope it's because they're saving the best for last.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:37 PM   #756
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The question is, what approach will they take to create something equal to, or more impressive than, Storm by XM Studios ?
I am confident Sideshow has enough creative talent to match that Storm or even surpass it.. I hope Mr harbottle will be the one to do her.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:29 PM   #757
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I doubt that SS will give her all the perfect curves that XM’s has. Their version is Storm is wonderful. Reminds me of the body type the SS Newman Storm PF has. Boobs and butt, not a thinner frame version that some designers give her.

XM’s pose is really great too.

My only complaints about the XM version lie with the horrible seam on the base, the fact it’s the white suit, her hair it a touch too grey, and while OK - I don’t like the laughing portrait.

SS could just do is all a service and kick off new designs starting with Storm. OR just make Storms the new black suit since Rogue and Gambit still wear their iconic duds in the current series. And Jean might be going back to the Lee suit.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:19 AM   #758
built2shred
Phoenix

If you want to see XM Storm's butt and boobs at the same time then yeah you have to have the base with the seam up front which is very noticeable but if you rotate it around so she's looking forward the seam will be to the side which makes it a lot less noticeable, you just won't be able to see her curvy booty...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:08 AM   #759
Peedi
The Secret Six

The 1/4 Storm’s I have now have great bodies...justice was done with both the SS and XM butts...Storm is a brickhouse and me and my Black Panthers love it Lol.

SS shouldn’t try to match or pass XM. They just need to do their own thing and make a decent Storm. Much like the approach with Dark Phoenix/Phoenix Variant PF. It wasn’t as grandiose as the XM and didn’t need to be. Compared to each other both the XM and SS approach to Phoenix had strengths and weaknesses, but they were their own unique thing with different concepts.

Storm should be approached the same way. After abandoning the original costume Claremont characterized her as tall and more slender, super model like. I like Storm thick in all the right places but a slender version isn’t necessarily inaccurate if SS decides to slack her backside this go round.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:08 AM   #760
Peedi
The Secret Six

BTW, Jean’s going back to her X-Men Red costume (which looked inspired by the Lee costume anyway) but this time it’s colored with her Marvel Girl colors. I think I like it?

Gambit is also not wearing his classic costume in the current comics. His current costume is a bit weird to me.

I dig Apocalypse’s current look though. Looks kinda Egyptian deity? He’s Egyptian so it works. Like the horror that arose from the pyramid. I like it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote