Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #221
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I want to be clear I never root against a statue. If they post a video to my satisfaction addressing the armpit area. I'll jump back on the piece. MOS is one of my favorite movies and I love Henry Cavill as Superman so I was really looking forward to this one.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #222
Jam2315
Frackin!

Same here my friend. The videos helped some bt still just weird to me how they show a still of the left side looking OK bt don't show a video of it being fixed. And again the collar area being removed to futz it in the video is concerning to me. He's definitely my most looked forward to statue & can't wait to get him bt I would like more proof it's not gonna be an issue
Jam2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #223
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Just cancelled Superman. Man, ordered it almost 2 years ago. I didn't want to futz around with a costume on a $1k statue and risk tearing it. I decided to hold on to the Wonder Woman Ultimate Edition for now (until I see more pics).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:23 PM   #224
epitaph04
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Im in the same boat. Hell I’m thinking Wonder Woman maybe is one of my last big statues. I just cant deal eith now spending $1000+ usd on these things and having such glaring issues. It’s one thing on a little $200 figure or even a 400 dollar statue but this is crazy money for these damn things.
epitaph04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:56 PM   #225
Narcosis
Doh!

I cancelled today and recovered my NRD. I am deeply disappointed in Prime 1. I would have felt differently if they admitted fault and attempted to rectify the problem at factory but seeing the lack of publicity or presence of this piece at shows, and collector's posting in hand pictures with problems is a dirty way to do business. Especially when so much time has passed since I hit the preorder button on day 1. I would be more interested to see them deliver quality and meeting they're ETA (sooner rather than later) than having them announce the mass quantity amount of projects they plan to work on in the next 3-4 years. They've lost my confidence in them as a company.
Narcosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #226
Jam2315
Frackin!

Talk on this piece sure has died down alot since the problems were posted. I'm assuming the couple videos they posted cleared it up for most people. Idk. I'm still on the fence for sure. Not one video of the left armpit area showing it being futzed from bad to correct & the video of the right side had the whole damn collar disassembled to do so. We shall see
Jam2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:31 PM   #227
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam2315 View Post
Talk on this piece sure has died down alot since the problems were posted. I'm assuming the couple videos they posted cleared it up for most people. Idk. I'm still on the fence for sure. Not one video of the left armpit area showing it being futzed from bad to correct & the video of the right side had the whole damn collar disassembled to do so. We shall see
Honestly I’m just crossing my fingers that everything is okay.

I felt that those who took that very basic armpit video as indications that everything was fine as somewhat naive. As mentioned it never showed that it could fix what was shown in those early batch photos, as those particular individuals were asked to contact Prime 1 directly as I’m not sure they could fix it.

Hopefully in the meantime Prime 1 are making sure that the current batches won’t have issues at the same severity.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:36 AM   #228
KelvinJ
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Honestly I’m just crossing my fingers that everything is okay.

I felt that those who took that very basic armpit video as indications that everything was fine as somewhat naive. As mentioned it never showed that it could fix what was shown in those early batch photos, as those particular individuals were asked to contact Prime 1 directly as I’m not sure they could fix it.

Hopefully in the meantime Prime 1 are making sure that the current batches won’t have issues at the same severity.
I have a question. Say you've purchased this statue directly from SS. The statue arrives and you're not happy with the fabric on the left armpit. You make a decision to return said statue. Will SS give you a full refund plus shipping if you're not happy with a statue? I'm getting this piece for sure, but wanted to know if I'd lose any money if I get it and I'm not happy with it. I've never had to return a statue, so just trying to find out how all this works.
KelvinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:35 AM   #229
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinJ View Post
I have a question. Say you've purchased this statue directly from SS. The statue arrives and you're not happy with the fabric on the left armpit. You make a decision to return said statue. Will SS give you a full refund plus shipping if you're not happy with a statue? I'm getting this piece for sure, but wanted to know if I'd lose any money if I get it and I'm not happy with it. I've never had to return a statue, so just trying to find out how all this works.
They should refund everything that you pay directly to them. Whereas with me because I’m located outside of the US, I’ll have to somehow get refunded on any custom duties and other handling fees which are paid separately, the latter of which I’m not sure is possible.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #230
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinJ View Post
If you are simply not happy with it and they state that nothing is wrong with it, I think you get all of the money back except the shipping (although now that I think about it, you might not get the NRD back either).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote