Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-25-2019, 04:11 AM   #11
Peedi
The Secret Six

Also, Vision’s still dead in the movies right? Maybe the very nature of him coming back has to deal with her powers expanding or her losing her grip on reality. Aside from Thor losing his whole family, by far the most tragic MCU character and nothing else really compares, Wanda has lost the most as far as personal connections, her brother and lover both being killed. And her causing that bombing with Crossbones. She’s had real tragedies. We saw how Tony’s trauma affected him in IM 3. We saw how Thor’s trauma affected him in Endgame. We haven’t seen how Wanda deals.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 04:21 AM   #12
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
My biggest complaint with Bendis’ use of her was that he changed her whole power set. SW never had the ability to outright alter reality before Bendis. Her mutant powers were creating “hexes” that caused improbable things to happen. I’d relate it more to Domino’s powers than reality warping, the difference being SW’s powers were more deliberate since she actively caused improbable events through her hexes whereas Domino’s luck power is uncontrollable and completely situational and environmentally reactive. At some point actual magic was added to SW’s skill set.
I thought it was John Byrne who changed Wanda's powers first when he was writing West Coast Avengers.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 06:52 PM   #13
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I thought it was John Byrne who changed Wanda's powers first when he was writing West Coast Avengers.
Hmmm...according to Wikipedia...

"Her powers were retconned in Avengers Disassembled, removing chaos magic and turning them into reality warping. In House of M, this new power was enough to change the whole universe.[125] Her powers were retconned back to their previous ones in The Children's Crusade, and the previous events attributed to an outside force that had temporarily increased them."
Bendis was at the helm during the Disassembled arc so I guess Bendis takes the hit and not Byrne, who might be in part responsible for the Chaos Magic change (or Kurt Busiek) ???
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:38 PM   #14
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I was thinking specifically of West Coast Avengers #56: https://www.therealgentlemenofleisur...57-60.html?m=1

"At this point in her history, Scarlet Witch's hex power enables her re-alter reality (so instead of causing bad luck to happen to her target, reality is altered such that the outcome preferable to her occurs), something which will play a large role in the X-universe in the mid 00s, when she uses her powers to create the House of M reality and then wipe out the vast majority of (non-commercially viable) mutants on M-Day."
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #15
protector2814
Phoenix

This is obviously going to be some sort of bastardization of Tom King's 12-issue amazing yet tragic, mini-series of a few years ago. In that story, the Vision had settled smack-dab in the middle of suburban Virginia & lived there along with a wife & two kids, which we find out he created in order to attempt to fit in as a white-picket-fence sort of fellow, working in D.C. for the govt. They've just switched out his cyborg wife for Wanda, but I expect more of the same whacky & creepy antics will unfold.
Disney will probably take just enough out of King's original story to not have to give him credit.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:16 AM   #16
Mister H
Gen 13

This is going to be one weird show. I'll wait for the reviews before I see it.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:37 PM   #17
SickleClaw
Justice League

Yeah I admit the preview for the show has my interest, although I will wait for reviews first.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #18
adee
Green Arrow

Not sure what to make of it so far but I’m interested. Thought it was cool to see her in the classic costume.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:43 PM   #19
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I hope this show makes more sense than the FX Legion series.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:36 PM   #20
SONICobra
Batman

ill give it a shot, feige usually doesnt let me down
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote