Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-28-2020, 01:11 AM   #21
qz33
Rescue

Disney is in the business of pleasing as many people as possible while offending as few as possible.

They know they already have the fans so gaining some SJW momentum at the expense of a few as they will call "old-man nerds" by the wayside is exactly where they want to go. Plus so many Hollyweird/industry artistic wannabes are desperate to attach purpose to the drivel they make with their daily employment while patting each other on the back. It's too trendy for them to not hop on the bandwagon.

People have want to ignore/erase that separate sexes created society not the other way around.
People just have to re-learn history once in a while.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:37 AM   #22
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
so pretty much the only thing Disney is good for is buying stuff, that's about it
Interesting point. I wonder how much of Disney’s original material has been really successful? Mickey and the cartoon characters for sure but that’s been decades ago.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #23
Y3E
Gen 13

Everything is PC these days. I say PU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Interesting point. I wonder how much of Disney’s original material has been really successful? Mickey and the cartoon characters for sure but that’s been decades ago.
You make a good point there Mr H. How successful are the original material? Heck, I would go far to say, how successful is Mickey and gang today as compared to Elsa, Anna, Woody and Buzz? Maybe Disney should change their mascot now.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #24
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This thread has nothing to do with Disney. Marvel publishing launches another new X-Men title not called X-Men--which they have been doing since New Mutants in the 80s--and a Marvel Studios executive who has been working on Marvel films since before the Disney acquisition makes a comment and now people are blaming Disney. It's all misdirected--and in my opinion unfounded--outrage.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #25
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Everything is PC these days. I say PU.

You make a good point there Mr H. How successful are the original material? Heck, I would go far to say, how successful is Mickey and gang today as compared to Elsa, Anna, Woody and Buzz? Maybe Disney should change their mascot now.
Are the Frozen characters Disney creations or taken from Scandinavian/European folk tales? Honest question, I have no idea, maybe they are Disney's. Disney kinda seems like Amazon these days, they don't make and sell stuff, they sell stuff for others and make money from it. I think that X-Men should be the titles of the movies but I don't think we know if they are indeed changing it. Tet just put the idea out there and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they did use Children of the Atom as the new titles. Seems like that would confuse a lot of folks though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:27 PM   #26
built2shred
Phoenix

Right now all the live remakes of all their classic cartoons are all done by Disney... but that's about it... I believe Pixar does most of their animated stuff now which was bought by Disney...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:40 PM   #27
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
This thread has nothing to do with Disney. Marvel publishing launches another new X-Men title not called X-Men--which they have been doing since New Mutants in the 80s--and a Marvel Studios executive who has been working on Marvel films since before the Disney acquisition makes a comment and now people are blaming Disney. It's all misdirected--and in my opinion unfounded--outrage.
Paris, I have been po'd with Disney ever since I went to Disney World in Dec and they charged $15 US for a hot dog ($19 cdn) and $6 for a bottle of soda ($9 cdn)

Sorry, I thought Marvel was going to scrap all their X-men titles and call it Children of the Corn, so if it is only a new book, then that is fine.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:53 PM   #28
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Paris, I have been po'd with Disney ever since I went to Disney World in Dec and they charged $15 US for a hot dog ($19 cdn) and $6 for a bottle of soda ($9 cdn)

Sorry, I thought Marvel was going to scrap all their X-men titles and call it Children of the Corn, so if it is only a new book, then that is fine.
Haha, there are many reasons to hate Disney, this X-Men thing just isn't one of them.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:02 PM   #29
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Haha, there are many reasons to hate Disney, this X-Men thing just isn't one of them.
Yeah it never really occurred to me they would try to change the brand but the producer's comment added fuel to the fire.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:34 PM   #30
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Ahhh... at last the voice of reason and someone not going off the deep end with assumptions. Thank you.
I thought the same thing with titles like "X-Factor", "X-Force", "New Mutants" (as opposed to "Junior X-Men"???), etc. It's just another sub-team or spin-off, not necessarily a do-over. Not everything is a conspiracy. Lighten up. Sheesh!

JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote