Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-18-2019, 08:36 PM   #4761
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

The info about the replacement hands being on their way to Sideshow comes from an otherwise reliable source...gun to my head I would say the Sideshow rep I spoke to just isnt in the know. But, yes that would be fast so I dont know...on the other hand (pun intended) the factory did come fresh off making Chun Li so maybe making dome extra hands wasnt that big of a task.

Koolkollectible, the chip on the butt, isnt that covered by her outfit? I wouldnt mind that, the other things I would try to fix though.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #4762
koolkollectible
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Koolkollectible, the chip on the butt, isnt that covered by her outfit? I wouldnt mind that, the other things I would try to fix though.
Yes, that's why I said in my video that the issue on the butt doesnt really bother me because it's covered by her skirt. Even the red smear on the foot I can probably live with. But the issues on her head sculpt bother me the most, so I've contacted the retailer to see if they can get me an exchange.

It's actually the light patch on her nose that bothers me most because your eyes get drawn to that spot. It seems a small layer of paint has been rubbed off that spot, so nothing I can really do about it other than get it repainted.
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:59 AM   #4763
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkollectible View Post
Yes, that's why I said in my video that the issue on the butt doesnt really bother me because it's covered by her skirt. Even the red smear on the foot I can probably live with. But the issues on her head sculpt bother me the most, so I've contacted the retailer to see if they can get me an exchange.

It's actually the light patch on her nose that bothers me most because your eyes get drawn to that spot. It seems a small layer of paint has been rubbed off that spot, so nothing I can really do about it other than get it repainted.
Oh ok, I didnt see the video sorry. If you can replicate the exact same colour paint then it should be fixable just dont aply it with a brush but dip it with some sort of cloth with very little paint on
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #4764
tyubu
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkollectible View Post
Hey, anyone get the PCS Chun-Li classic and have issues with the red satin material bleeding onto the statue? I have spots on her hair buns and her foot that have red stains I can't wipe off!

Also, there's a chip where her butt meets the stocking seam, and the bridge of her nose has a strange patch where the skin tone seems to have been rubbed off slightly.

Luckily the outfit itself seems nice, albeit the stitching isnt as centred as it could have been. Happy with it overall, but might check with the local distributor here if I can get a replacement head sculpt.
Hi Koolcollectables,
Thank you for the great video reviews.
I received Classic Chun-Li from popcultcha.
I also have issue with red satin material bleeding on her shoes and hair buns. (it's not picking up on the camera but you can see it when you look under the light)
I don't have butt chip but I have small paint issue similar spot as yours.
Both a not a huge issue.
Hope you have replacement head.

Face sculpt is really nice but not much details on paint.
Stocking color is too orangish in person.

It's overall nice statue but for the price quality and details can be better I think.

Still on the fence about getting alpha version. It's on pre-order but not sure if I need 2 Chun-Li with same pose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190522_225443_resized.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	123537   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190522_225945_resized.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	123538   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190522_231911_resized.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	398.5 KB
ID:	123539   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190522_230147_resized.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	123540  
tyubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:48 PM   #4765
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyubu View Post
Hi Koolcollectables,
Thank you for the great video reviews.
I received Classic Chun-Li from popcultcha.
I also have issue with red satin material bleeding on her shoes and hair buns. (it's not picking up on the camera but you can see it when you look under the light)
I don't have butt chip but I have small paint issue similar spot as yours.
Both a not a huge issue.
Hope you have replacement head.

Face sculpt is really nice but not much details on paint.
Stocking color is too orangish in person.

It's overall nice statue but for the price quality and details can be better I think.

Still on the fence about getting alpha version. It's on pre-order but not sure if I need 2 Chun-Li with same pose.
yes you need all 3 chun li versions.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:38 PM   #4766
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
The info about the replacement hands being on their way to Sideshow comes from an otherwise reliable source...gun to my head I would say the Sideshow rep I spoke to just isnt in the know. But, yes that would be fast so I dont know...on the other hand (pun intended) the factory did come fresh off making Chun Li so maybe making dome extra hands wasnt that big of a task.

My Alpha is being returned to Sideshow, presumably to have a new top fitted. I'm not sure if i'll get the same one back or a different piece?
I hope the replacement doesn't have other issues.

I did mention to Sideshow about possible new Alpha tops being made, and new hands. The CS person did not comment on this.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:27 AM   #4767
tyubu
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
yes you need all 3 chun li versions.
Yes I agree. I need all 3 Chun-Li
But I have to make choice because of money & space.
Also 1/3 PCS cammy and Prime 1 Chun-Li are coming.
tyubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:09 PM   #4768
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppccclll View Post
Got my legacy set a couple weeks ago and they all turned out great except for one small issue, the right braid on the battle dress version (left braid and you look at her). It just doesn't fit, even without the pin. I'd be happy to sand it down a bit but I'm wondering if I got two left braid pieces. Can anyone confirm that they are just the same piece or is there a unique braid piece for both sides?
Theres a unique braid for each side. Her right Braid leans toward the front and the Left Braid leans towards the back.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:52 PM   #4769
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
A couple other things worth mentioning...on my Battle Dress, the head comes glued on (other two are removable) but they did nothing to blend the seam. So it looks just like the other two with the removable head seam around the jawline. As if they just dropped a glob of glue in there and stuck it on. Also, the coloring of the skin tone on the face is not matched to the body, it's several shades darker. Not sure if they are all like this, or it was just something else on mine they F'd up. But it looks really bad, as this one is almost all skin, so it stands out. Just very poor consideration and attention to detail.

These are very simple statues in terms of ease of paint. Why is it that they took something that was so simple to get right and make it look like not screwing it up was a insurmountable monumental task?

And on the Alpha, the yellow plastic breast contraption is also visible through the arm hole on one side. I tried to fix this by scooting the vest over that spot to cover it better, but it's not doable, as the vest is glued on. By moving it you may damage it, so I'd not recommend trying to do this. Same thing with the Battle Dress, I tried to fix the dress up a bit by moving it a little, but it's glued to her breasts, so if you do this be super careful.
Thank you for your insight as I just got my Legacy set and it also has some issues you talk about like the visible yellow breast contraption and Visible in the exact area you mention. Why couldn’t the factory tailor the outfit to cover that yellow brick glued to her body?

You cannot view this 360 close not unototicing the yellow contraption once you see it. I havent tugged or pulled to cover it but, after reading your comment your probably right I might make it worse by trying to adjust it..

Can anyone else confirm if there Alpha vest does not cover the left hole area flush with her armpit instead the vest goes a little further revealing the yellow contraption by her left bracelet. (SMH)

I have other things to mention, but gotta take a day to sort out all the issues and time to take pix.

I love them, but of course like others have mentioned there are cons as well as the new modern day standard of the ususal mistakes and lazy shortcomings from these factories that make a great deal of money. These Quality issues should be non existent...

All I know, me as a owner of a business I am so appreciative of my Customers and I would be the same owing a factory. My standards when doing something and work ethic is a passion of love as my proccess if in charge of a factory would still be to produce large numbers, but with much better QC. REAL QC which these statue factories being used currently have some of the lowest standards in QC for a supposedly premium item.

How do companies like Kotobukiya make flawless PVC figs and model kits as well as Hot Toys has imaculate tailoring with great QC. I next to none, never ever have paint issues nor assembly issues with a Hot Toys versus all my recent statues stretched across various companies.. Statue factories need to step it up if they want increased pricing because I will no longer dish out money for a high price item if this is the standard for these items...

At least in the 90’s on a large piece it was glued so well together you could never guess where it was glued, but todays sloppy toss under the Rug kind of factories you can easily on many pieces see where it was glued, assembled or in this case My Alpha Chun Li I can clearly see its different from my Battle Damage one.

The Alpha is glued to a yellow breast contraption that Im guessing is not intended to be seen by the viewer. The hole should be like her right side where it fully covers the yellow contraption and stops right before her skin making it fit perfect..

The left side it is clear when looking at certain angles it is visible and I wonder if all Alphas produced are intended like that because for some weird reason they could not cover the left side fully due to fitting issues... Or are we both Unlucky with both getting the same mistake by the factory?

I feel like you have a better chance to Win the Power Ball Lottery which for people across seas in the states is the largest Lottery; versus getting a flawless statue from one of these factories.

It is Not the fact that it has to be flawless or close to it, but I would love to go back to the days when I couldnt tell how a piece was assembled or if it was One entire sculpture because the craftsmanship was that good back then... Now, every company as well as there sister companies are using the same factories and mistakes across the board... Its not a PCS issue, rather the QC issues stretch further then them unfortunately.

There needs to be a new system because a yellow brick breast contraption should not be seen or should it?? And whats with SEAMS when there is only one portrait for each statue??

My PCS Lord of Darkness has the head attached to the body and NO SEAM AT ALL!

His Horns are attached by tucking them in hiding the seam completely. So again, NO SEAM AT ALL... NO 1/3’s should have visible SEAMS!! SEAMS take away the illusion of realism with a 360 view and leaves the displayer to have to display it at only certain angles so the seam is not seen.

Im happy my Lord of Darkness has NO SEAMS on the portrait! Chun Li Should have got the same treatment. When you show skin then the engineering should to be DO NOT HAVE SEAMS!

Also, as you said the Battle Chun has her portrait glued on so why couldn’t the factory fill in the SEAM and blend in her neck since its already attached... That attention of detail should have happened, but it did not. Well, at least her braids cover a lot of the visible seam, but Alpha has the most visible seam.

Battle Chun’s Hair should have been all one piece like a wig that can be placed over the portrait with NO SEAM, but instead they kept the front hair on the portrait and the back end of the hair attaches at the middle of her head leaving yet another SEAM..

I feel that could have been engineered better to be like a sclupted wig and placed over the entire portrait.. Battle portrait should be completely Bald and have the hair separate would solve that Seam issue, but I guess they dont care to hide Seams.

Kitana 1/3 I have and with her hair the Seam is hidden under her headband perfectly. The hair tucks right under it and is awesome with No SEAM.

Also, why not just glue the other 2 versions as well and blend there Seams too. Single Portraits on any statue definitely should not have any SEAMS.. If there needs to be a Seam for this statue then THE SEAM SHOULD BE AT THE NECK for Classic & Alpha, so it can tuck into the outfit.

Boom no more Seam... Why were Classic & Alpha portraits NOT made with the neck sclupted on to it so, they could have had it attached to tuck into the outfit and then for Battle leave it glued like now, but with blended seam.. There were better solutions to hide the seam, but this was there best idea.

Nobody knows
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #4770
wakasashe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Some great insight ALF_1, you covered seams a great deal and I think that was a major one. At 1:3 scale there really should not be visable seams. When I got Ryu 1:3, I accepted head seam, hoping that would be the worst. I have to say Chun suffers more.

I get it: Chun was the most difference and complex tailoring and engineering between her variants. But, it all adds up. If it were only the head seam, again I could accept it. But it's too many other factors that keep this piece from being able to have really turn around the PCS reputation.

I was fine with the timing of shipments. It was an improvement. And honestly I don't think I'm alone in thinking if this was a complete homerun, I would look at the company in a very different light.

PCS is.... okay. The execution does not match the potential. I'm happy enough with the product. That enough does not make me want to continue coming back. I've championed them in their lows, and celebrate the smallest moves in good direction but... eh?
wakasashe is offline   Reply With Quote