Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-24-2019, 07:18 PM   #231
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I love the XM Cyclops and XM Gambits that I have preordered--and I could have easily preordered the XM Sabretooth, too--but I just prefer the SS version.

I don't like the long-haired portrait, but I really like the short-haired version. The piece just looks menacing and his musculature looks so impressively massive (and sexy). The XM piece hides a lot of the detail of his body in shadow because of how his body is positioned. The SS version has his massive frame on full display. He looks wild and strong. I just love the SS piece.

I have the XM Cable and it's my favorite piece. I like it more than Sideshow's (though I've preordered it), so it's not like I'm stuck on one company or the other. Some people just LOVE XM and tend to be very critical of Sideshow.

I think the Logan piece is a miss because of the jeans (but the upper body looks fantastic), but Sabretooth is definitely a day one PO for me.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #232
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Both Xm and SS versions look great but I like SS's better.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #233
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Worded that wrong, was meaning to say XM’s looks strong and fast and more streamlined which is how i tend to prefer sabertooth, SS version does look stronger, beastly strong, in which case sabertooth’s strength could be converted to speed so i supposed he could be faster. Regarding musculature i tend to prefer more subtlety and less definition, which is a minor gripe i have with the SS version, also a bit tired of sabertooth on snow bases.

Over the past few days though SS’s has grown on me considerably, as i really like the grimy look of it. XM looks closer to man while SS looks closer to beast. Most likely end up buying the SS ver but if they were priced the same i’d select XM’s over SS to go with SS x23 and wolverine (for a sentinel mechanical theme).

Great points and i feel the same. Originally liked XM more but the SS with EX has grown so much on me. One thing I greatly dislike on the XM...that extra loop on his boots. Looks like a friendship bracelet....
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:38 PM   #234
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

IMO regarding the poses of XM and SS..

XM is collected and precise, surgical knife, Sabretooth.
SS is berserker rage, meat cleaver, Sabretooth.

Neither are more accurate, it’s just a matter of which state you prefer.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:53 PM   #235
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
IMO regarding the poses of XM and SS..

XM is collected and precise, surgical knife, Sabretooth.
SS is berserker rage, meat cleaver, Sabretooth.

Neither are more accurate, it’s just a matter of which state you prefer.
Yup.
Quote:
Sabretooth is growing on me. The EX is a must and I think this will pair perfectly with the brown suit Wolverine pf.

Why aren’t there more pics of the statue with the EX head?

Damn it he is really really growing on me.....

This is the pic that really sells me on the SS version.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #236
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Yup.

This is the pic that really sells me on the SS version.
I love that pic as well but I’m puzzled why they don’t have a higher res version. Heck why do we only have two pics of the EX portrait? Please release some more pics of the EX Sideshow. You will move a lot more units if you show more of the EX.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:10 PM   #237
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I love that pic as well but I’m puzzled why they don’t have a higher res version. Heck why do we only have two pics of the EX portrait? Please release some more pics of the EX Sideshow. You will move a lot more units if you show more of the EX.
Exactly, EX deserves more shine
Old 05-24-2019, 09:47 PM   #238
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Nerdgasm...just imagine these two together.
Sabretooth and Wolverine together forever.

When you realize that Ferrigno and Baccianini are very close in relational size as Wolverine and Sabertooth. 6'5" and 4'11" respectively

Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:54 PM   #239
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Gambit next please. Anyone getting Sabretooth, the EX is a must.
Seeing how this rogue is turning out i'm really hoping we see it at SDCC, SS OG is dated but still holds up imo, XM is trash, anatomy is off and portraits look bad, so looking forward to seeing this new SS one
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
wolverine claws on the base, i would honestly be very surprised if the classic variant didnt have a matching base
I'm hoping they do a completely new brown one to match with this, never too many wolverines, for me anyway.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:02 AM   #240
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Worded that wrong, was meaning to say XM’s looks strong and fast and more streamlined which is how i tend to prefer sabertooth, SS version does look stronger, beastly strong, in which case sabertooth’s strength could be converted to speed so i supposed he could be faster. Regarding musculature i tend to prefer more subtlety and less definition, which is a minor gripe i have with the SS version, also a bit tired of sabertooth on snow bases.

Over the past few days though SS’s has grown on me considerably, as i really like the grimy look of it. XM looks closer to man while SS looks closer to beast. Most likely end up buying the SS ver but if they were priced the same i’d select XM’s over SS to go with SS x23 and wolverine (for a sentinel mechanical theme).

Well, if I had one complaint with SS sabes, it’s his mane being too wide, and running too low down his back. Looks cool, but it obscures so much of the potentially exquisite back and shoulders sculpt Canale would have provided. Also like the SS colour palette more, as the Colors are more muted, more realistic, more mature. Also love how Canale captured the beautiful sense of movement, as the muscles, bone, and tendons all harmonize fluidly. Truly beautiful work.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote