Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #41
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Prime 1 seems to be doing theme reveals so we are probably going to get another manga/anime reveal
Studio Ghibli hopefully, I've given up on them showing anything from Ghost in the Shell.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:37 PM   #42
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I mean really you can say the same about every other license there is....whether its cheap small PVCs or 1/10 Iron Studios Marvel pieces etc...

I want 1/4, i collect 1/4 the only other 1/4 DBZ piece officially is from Tsume and they dropped the ball imo on it...

I adore this, it's the right amount of detail without taking away from the anime look, i hate these companies adding textures and details to anime pieces which aren't needed....Prime 1 totally got it right imo.

I feel like my patience has been rewarded and Prime 1 continue to get ALL my money.
Yes you can so I'm not sure why that is even an argument. Almost every statue i own has a marvel legend or DC direct etc. etc. alternative PVC action figure. That costs a fraction the costs. If you want that then why are you even here?
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #43
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
I know what people are saying when they say they want a hyper detailed statue because it's more money....

But i don't want that, i want statues that are true to the art style and series, including details where there is none really doesn't work for me...especially when it comes to Toriyamas work...i think what P1 have done here is a perfect combination of varied colours and shading to keep the anime aesthetic....rather than adding unnecessary textures.
I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't asking for "hyper realism". Finer detail doesn't mean they have to add unnecessary or inaccurate details. I'm a big fan of Akira Toriyama's art, and things like the right paint application can go a long way in realizing his designs in 3D.

Anyway, I'm liking the statue a lot better now that I can see better pics. Anime or not, some texture to clothing goes a long way in making it feel like a high quality product. Tsume took it a little too far with their Majin Vegeta IMO, but I think it looks nice and subtle here.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:43 PM   #44
stryker12
Fantastic Four

Guys, it's about the cost vs what you get. On its own, this is a decent Goku that can easily compete with any other 1/4 resin statue out there. But personally, I wasn't waiting for just another 1/4 scale Goku that any other company can produce, I was waiting for a P1 Goku that was going to blow the others away. So here we have a P1 1/4 scale piece that's going to cost probably $800-900, but has nothing to differentiate it from other $500 resin DBZ statues on the market. If they offer this at a competing rate, even $650 let's say, I'll be all over it. Less detail compared to their typical 1/4 statue means it should cost less to produce, and so I'll be happy with a price well below $900. But let's be real, they won't do that.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #45
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
But personally, I wasn't waiting for just another 1/4 scale Goku that any other company can produce, I was waiting for a P1 Goku that was going to blow the others away.
What company are you talking about? Just asking. Because Tsume pieces have had a lot of criticisms and I don't see them making a goku like this. This looks much better than Tsume Vegeta in terms of accuracy, quality, extras, soft textures etc. I do not even mention non-license companies because the differences in quality are brutal.

Quote:
So here we have a P1 1/4 scale piece that's going to cost probably $800-900, but has nothing to differentiate it from other $500 resin DBZ statues on the market.
Except for the huge difference in terms of quality and...well, the fact that you get 4 head...with 4 different transformations...with 4 different expressions. Again, what other DBZ statues on the market are you talking about?

Quote:
If they offer this at a competing rate, even $650 let's say, I'll be all over it. Less detail compared to their typical 1/4 statue means it should cost less to produce, and so I'll be happy with a price well below $900. But let's be real, they won't do that.
No, they won't. Basically because nobody sells premium stuff for free. This is P1 x Megahouse stuff, no jokes and no cheap.
How much money did Vegeta Tsume cost by the way? 1 head with worse sculpt and worse textures. Now imagine a Vegta well done and add 3 heads, then think about the prize...I wouldn't say $650.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #46
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The 1/4 market is untapped when it comes to DBZ. 3 stand out pieces from off the top of my head.

Tsume Majin Vegeta. Orange aura, not great paints, weird textures, a real let down from the proto imo.

Xceed SSJ3 Dragon Fist. Sculpts ok. You'll be lucky if you can get 1 that isn't broken. Also this was $500 on release but shipping to the UK was $350...it was big, not well engineered, underwhelming in hand...

Xceed SSJ4. Good statue, pretty well done if you like DBGT.

For me this is the first 1/4 piece i've seen where they got it so right, i'm super picky when it comes to Dragon Ball and a lot of these unlicensed pieces don't cut it in hand.

As far as price goes, if you have been buying any anime pieces from Prime 1 whether it's Guyver, Berserk, Eva, Ultraman etc you know what the prices are going to be....it shouldn't be a shock.

Also i'm sure we'll get two skus, one with 1 head and a deluxe version...so you'll have choices...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #47
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I absolutely don't want those "fan art" DBZ statues and the only tsume DBZ statue I really want is the vegeta so this goku is perfect as far as I am concerned I don't see anything wrong with it. It's really to early to hold price against it
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #48
arbata
Doh!

Quote:
The 1/4 market is untapped when it comes to DBZ. 3 stand out pieces from off the top of my head.

Tsume Majin Vegeta. Orange aura, not great paints, weird textures, a real let down from the proto imo.

Xceed SSJ3 Dragon Fist. Sculpts ok. You'll be lucky if you can get 1 that isn't broken. Also this was $500 on release but shipping to the UK was $350...it was big, not well engineered, underwhelming in hand...

Xceed SSJ4. Good statue, pretty well done if you like DBGT.

For me this is the first 1/4 piece i've seen where they got it so right, i'm super picky when it comes to Dragon Ball and a lot of these unlicensed pieces don't cut it in hand.

As far as price goes, if you have been buying any anime pieces from Prime 1 whether it's Guyver, Berserk, Eva, Ultraman etc you know what the prices are going to be....it shouldn't be a shock.

Also i'm sure we'll get two skus, one with 1 head and a deluxe version...so you'll have choices...
The way Prime1/MegaHouse did the Kamehameha effect is really neat I have to admit.

But I am not too impressed by the statue after seeing Figure Class' work for Dragon Ball and owning one of their statues.

Can't keep up with UI Goku 1/4 by FC imo.

Maybe it looks better in person, but imo the base is boring and the facial expression isn't perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	123617   Click image for larger version

Name:	48397374_407498653380658_189931339389075456_n.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	123618   Click image for larger version

Name:	48387366_407498940047296_3226203437880311808_n.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	123619   Click image for larger version

Name:	48404195_407498600047330_2604855557164630016_n.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	123620   Click image for larger version

Name:	48396520_407498970047293_4418416909628735488_n.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	123627  

arbata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:13 PM   #49
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^Jeez, is there a white hair Goku now too?

This P1 Goku looks pretty epic, nice switch outs and I never was a fan aesthetically of Blue hair versions lol. It's like P1 is saying if they can't do Marvel they'll get every other damn license in the world haha!
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:09 PM   #50
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
^Jeez, is there a white hair Goku now too?

This looks pretty epic, nice switch outs and I never was a fan aesthetically of Blue hair versions lol. It's like P1 is saying if they can't do Marvel they'll get every other damn license in the world haha!
Ultra Instinct (UI) - Black with silver highlights
Mastered Ultra Instinct (MUI) - Silver
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote