Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-16-2019, 12:43 AM   #1471
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I was watching sideshow´s site and they changed Yennefer: Est. Arrival: Dec 2019 - Feb 2020

It´s going to be released the NETFLIX Witcher´s serie before the statue! I can´t believed...

Like many others, I've had this on pre order flex pay since 2017 and had one more payment due in June.

Considering the ongoing issue between Sideshow and Prime1, and given this further delay I decided to call it quits and cancel my order.

I'll wait for the full refund (including NRD) and consider my next move.

At this point, I'm more upset by P1 then Sideshow, they've got a statue backlog the length of the Mississippi, and yet they continue to tease more stuff (some which just never emerge - Sister of Battle). While the statues I have from them have been very good, slowly I'm getting over this company.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:03 AM   #1472
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

The only good point about all of this, after 3 years the statue would actually be cheaper by 6-7% subject to inflation. The onus really is on them to keep production costs from eating into their profit margins.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #1473
Proffie
Doh!

Yennefer delayed until Dec 2019 - Feb 2020.... This is just getting ridiculous. Really hoping Triss doesnt have another delay as well.
Proffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #1474
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Like many others, I've had this on pre order flex pay since 2017 and had one more payment due in June.

Considering the ongoing issue between Sideshow and Prime1, and given this further delay I decided to call it quits and cancel my order.

I'll wait for the full refund (including NRD) and consider my next move.

At this point, I'm more upset by P1 then Sideshow, they've got a statue backlog the length of the Mississippi, and yet they continue to tease more stuff (some which just never emerge - Sister of Battle). While the statues I have from them have been very good, slowly I'm getting over this company.
I’m right there with you. I can’t cancel but this constant stream of delays while announcing new stuff is steadily making me lose interest in their pieces. It’s insane to have people make a slot for a statue only for it to be empty for years on end. I can’t imagine how long it will take to get the variant of her at this point
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:23 AM   #1475
SkiLLessOne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have a couple of statues on pre-order with Prime 1. One being the Bloodborne Hunter (finally about to release!!!) and also Undvik Geralt. The only thing that makes the wait somewhat okay is no other company is doing collectibles on this scale for these properties. If there was competition sure but this is literally my only chance to have high quality collectibles representing these games.
SkiLLessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:56 AM   #1476
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Dark Horse is finally branching out to include monsters. I will definitely be picking this up.

OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #1477
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
Dark Horse is finally branching out to include monsters. I will definitely be picking this up.

Placed my order yesterday. I think P1 is missing the boat on doing a 1/5 or 1/6 monster line.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #1478
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
Even longer if I decide to get a yeneffer it would be that second one they showed. Coming in 2022, when there are flying Tesla cars.
I was watching that second version and thinking in cancel my first Yen, I really like the base, is so much more Yennefer, and full of details, not a generic monster dead like all others, the Yen itself I still prefer the original one, the outfit and the pose...

I like Ciri, she have a more fighting pose, with the sword and all, and the monster make sense there, I think both should be very good together, with a good contrast.

Maybe both Yen versions could be released in 2020, the problem is that I dont know whats going on with Prime 1, they have more than 40 statues "coming soon"
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #1479
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I was watching that second version and thinking in cancel my first Yen, I really like the base, is so much more Yennefer, and full of details, not a generic monster dead like all others, the Yen itself I still prefer the original one, the outfit and the pose...

I like Ciri, she have a more fighting pose, with the sword and all, and the monster make sense there, I think both should be very good together, with a good contrast.

Maybe both Yen versions could be released in 2020, the problem is that I dont know whats going on with Prime 1, they have more than 40 statues "coming soon"

P1 doing classic Japanese new figure manufacturer strategy of filling wonder festival with a ton of prototypes or coming soons so they can get a lot of floor space and keep the hype up. Problem is they aren’t companies doing pvc, which has gotten really good now, like FREEING or BiNDing or Native or Daiki Kogyo. Those companies thrive with lots of statues in the pipeline but they get every product out within a year of showing a prototype cause they know interest in figures fade if they sit out too long. Dragon Toys and Q-Six did exactly what P1 is doing except in the pvc space and ultimately faded away cause no one wants to wait 5 years for a statue no matter how good it is. Once people figured out the lead times were too long, people stopped pre ordering their statues and the companies faded badly. P1 has some space to work with but even they cannot maintain a product list with 5-7 year lead times forever before people just give up.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:44 AM   #1480
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
P1 doing classic Japanese new figure manufacturer strategy of filling wonder festival with a ton of prototypes or coming soons so they can get a lot of floor space and keep the hype up. Problem is they aren’t companies doing pvc, which has gotten really good now, like FREEING or BiNDing or Native or Daiki Kogyo. Those companies thrive with lots of statues in the pipeline but they get every product out within a year of showing a prototype cause they know interest in figures fade if they sit out too long. Dragon Toys and Q-Six did exactly what P1 is doing except in the pvc space and ultimately faded away cause no one wants to wait 5 years for a statue no matter how good it is. Once people figured out the lead times were too long, people stopped pre ordering their statues and the companies faded badly. P1 has some space to work with but even they cannot maintain a product list with 5-7 year lead times forever before people just give up.
That´s what I fear, the PCS side of the force, with statues taking forever to release, and a total chaos in the line... I´m waiting for Prime1 version of Chun Li in the SF line, and the GOT line take my atention too, but... you want something new? Only after the release of all those 40 statues, that doesn´t have even PO and price yet...

Take the example of Iron Studios Concept, they too anounced thons of statues last year in Brazil Comic Con, but they are almost all small 1/10 and all of then already have PO and released date, all in this year or the next, in another words, Iron Studios strategy is much more confident, I have a lot o POs there

This sucess of small statues, and the time that take the largers ones, the small editions and all, that´s are maybe signs of something that is changing, I have a feeling that the collectable world is facing the start of a crysis
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote