Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #101
built2shred
Phoenix

Looks like they're already doing a spinoff

Quote:
CBS All Access is currently developing a Star Trek: Discovery spinoff starring Michelle Yeoh. The series will feature Yeoh in the leading role as Captain Philippa Georgiou and will expand on her current role in Starfleet’s Section 31 division
If I remember right wasn't Section 31 first talked about in episodes from Deep Space Nine?

Regarding Discovery, the 4 mini episodes were pretty good some better then others but if you get a chance check them out...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:59 AM   #102
Python
Omega Red

First ep was fine, if not Tilly heavy (she's okay in small doses) The second not so much. I don't hate discovery, I quite enjoyed parts of season 1. But ideally it needs to do a little better than it has done so far in S2. It still has a huge issue in that the main character is boring and unlikable. They need to either Alter Michael drastically, or be brave and ditch her....

Many of the Treks took a little while to get going, we should probably allow SD the same room.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #103
Python
Omega Red

I didn't even realise the last episode was the finale. It was a good episode, I've gone from being so so about STD, to really quite enjoying it and I'm looking forward to more. It's time to give credit where it's due, it's becoming a pretty entertaining show, whether it is classic Trek or not.

All of that said, the ending with the crew interactions on the Enterprise made me feel like we might be focusing on the wrong crew and ship going forward. Id love to see a sister show entirely focusing on the Enterprise and Captain Pike as seen in STD.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #104
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I didn't even realise the last episode was the finale. It was a good episode, I've gone from being so so about STD, to really quite enjoying it and I'm looking forward to more. It's time to give credit where it's due, it's becoming a pretty entertaining show, whether it is classic Trek or not.

All of that said, the ending with the crew interactions on the Enterprise made me feel like we might be focusing on the wrong crew and ship going forward. Id love to see a sister show entirely focusing on the Enterprise and Captain Pike as seen in STD.
I agree about the Enterprise. I think this show would have been infinitely better if it focused on Pike and the Enterprise. As it stands right now I can't get into the show in its current form. Micheal isn't a likeable character at all to me and Tilley grates on my last nerve. I have more issue with the show but will leave them for another discussion.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #105
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Hopefully they do a spin off series featuring the crew of the Enterprise.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #106
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Hopefully they do a spin off series featuring the crew of the Enterprise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_T...riginal_Series

CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #107
Y3E
Gen 13

Love this show. One of the best season finale for ST. I hope next season, they focus more on the other crew members. Michael is my least favorite character. I hope Georgiou becomes Captain (Yes, I know, it won't happen)

Fingers crossed for an Enterprise series. I watched the ending of the finale a few times just to see the crew of the Enterprise.

Congrats to CBS for a great series.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 AM   #108
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Found this about a possible Enterprise spin-off.

After it was confirmed that Anson Mount would be leaving Star Trek: Discovery with the second season finale, fans of the series began calling—including through online petitions—for him to reprise his role of Christopher Pike in a spin-off set on the USS Enterprise, alongside Rebecca Romijn as Number One and Ethan Peck as Spock. Mount and Peck both responded positively to the idea, though Mount said his return would involve "a lot of creative conversations". In April 2019, Kurtzman also expressed interest in the idea, saying, "The fans have been heard. Anything is possible in the world of Trek. I would love to bring back that crew more than anything."
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:11 AM   #109
Gruson
Suicide Squad

So I gave this show another chance. I tried twice to get through the first episode and couldn’t. My cousin told me it gets really good so I tried a third time. It does pick up around the third episode when the captain get into it. Then it gets real good so thumbs up!!!

Awesome special effects and visuals too. Impressed.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:50 AM   #110
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Pike makes the show. What a great character. Spock was also good. I agree with the above, I could care less about the Discovery characters, we need a Pike and Spock series.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote