Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #171
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I think the handling of Thor and the Hulk, the usual confusion created whenever dealing with time travel in a story, and the decision to let important scenes happen off screen for the sake of run time all contributed to my enjoying the film less on the first viewing.

Not so much because I disagreed with these choices, it simply took me out of the film. On seeing the film for a second time, I was able to better navigate these elements and enjoy the story they had decided to tell.
Good to hear. I’m going back this week for my second showing.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #172
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I think the handling of Thor and the Hulk, the usual confusion created whenever dealing with time travel in a story, and the decision to let important scenes happen off screen for the sake of run time all contributed to my enjoying the film less on the first viewing.

Not so much because I disagreed with these choices, it simply took me out of the film. On seeing the film for a second time, I was able to better navigate these elements and enjoy the story they had decided to tell.
Agreed. I was very disappointed at things either "missing" or being included when I saw the film for the first time, so much that I had a general indifference to the film overall. I enjoyed the film much more my second and third times seeing it, though still rate it below Infinity War.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:38 PM   #173
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:

I had the same experience in my first and second viewing as well. Galactus had mentioned this earlier in this thread, and I discovered that he was right.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:10 PM   #174
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Dr. Strange 3 could be a Defenders team film along the lines of Captain America Civil war.

We already got Dr. Strange, the hulk and Valkyrie as established characters and the rights to Silver Surfer and Namor are back at Marvel.

I just want a dedicated Silver Surfer film first.
I'd welcome any SS done properly but the character is too epic and deep to just show up for a team up first in my opinion.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:28 PM   #175
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Do you do a Silver Surfer origins movie before or after his appearance in Fantastic Four?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:31 PM   #176
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Do you do a Silver Surfer origins movie before or after his appearance in Fantastic Four?

In comics of course FF/SS came first. But my heart wants SS first. Perhaps they won't go the FF/SS angle because of those, cough... "other" films.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:37 PM   #177
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just came back from my second showing. Much more enjoyable the second time!
Old 05-18-2019, 12:20 PM   #178
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I understand Howard The Duck appears in the final battle toting a big gun. I’ve looked for him in the two times I’ve seen the film but couldn’t catch a visual, and have looked online and saw an image of him near The Wasp, but it looks superimposed. The scene has a dark aura but he’s too bright in the image. Any truth to his being there?

Last edited by wktf; 05-18-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #179
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
In comics of course FF/SS came first. But my heart wants SS first. Perhaps they won't go the FF/SS angle because of those, cough... "other" films.
Agreed. He deserves his own movie. He’s easily one of Marvel’s most important characters.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #180
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I understand Howard The Duck appears in the final battle toting a big gun. I’ve looked for him in the two times I’ve seen the film but couldn’t catch a visual, and have looked online and saw an image of him near The Wasp, but it looks superimposed. The scene has a dark aura but he’s too bright in the image. Any truth to his being there?
He's in the actual movie in that single scene for about 2 seconds.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote